none
Sharepoint Designer Workflow attached to document library "hangs" on multiple document upload. RRS feed

• Question

•  I've created a workflow in Sharepoint Designer that fires on a document library whenever a new item is added or an item is updated.

This workflow automatically sets some data fields the document library item with data from other lists.   Built into the workflow is some token checking to ensure that it does not end up in an unending loop.

This workflow works fine if I upload a single document.   It can handle all kinds of error conditions in this case without falling over so I am pretty sure the workflow itself is fine.

My problem is if the user selects the multiple upload option on the document library.  In this case, the workflow displays a status of "starting" and displays this constantly, ie it never finishes or errors.  This status is maintained even if I go to manually edit one of the multiple upload documents and save it.

To handle a multiple upload case, the workflow first step checks if a required metadata field contains data or not. If this field is empty the workflow should stop.

Can anyone suggest what the problem may be here and how I can work around it?

Thanks
    Friday, August 15, 2008 7:53 AM