The workflow could not update the item, possibly because one or more columns for the item require a different type of information. in workflow 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am facing the following error.

The workflow could not update the item, possibly because one or more columns for the item require a different type of information. in workflow 2010

I used in workflow 

1.Update some field in current list (This step update is working)

2.then update some fields in other list. (this step update is sometime working but sometime are not.I am now running manually workflow which not success item.After manual, it is working.)But I would like to know how to do auto run without running manual.

Please help me! How can I do it to working successfully?

• Edited by Hnin Yu Sunday, May 31, 2020 3:17 AM
    Sunday, May 31, 2020 3:14 AM

All replies

• Hi Hnin, 

I need to check the following information to further troubleshoot the issue: 

Does the issue exists for all users? Don't login as system account, login in as another user, and start the workflow, compare the results. 

Try to create a new workflow just with log to workflow history action. And compare whether there is issue in the workflow. 

When you update some fields in other list, make sure the column types are same. 

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Monday, June 1, 2020 11:42 AM
  • Hi Hnin, 

Is there anything update?

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Thursday, June 4, 2020 3:17 AM