none
Custom Stencils RRS feed

• Question

• How do i take a visio document where I have created custom stencils and save it so that anyone who opens the document will have the custom stencils as well?
    Wednesday, April 8, 2020 1:53 PM

All replies

• Hi Gerel,

There are two article on how to reate, save, and share custom stencils: Create, save, and share custom stencilsCreate, save, and share custom stencils.

After users download custom, they can follow the article to import downloaded stencils.

Hope the information was helpful. If you need further assistance, feel free to post back to let us know.

Best Regards,

Herb

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Thursday, April 9, 2020 6:33 AM
  • 1. You need save your custom stencils in sub-folder My Shaped in folder Documents

2. Share your stencils with another person, he also must save these stencils in same place.

3. When you create your document with these stencils you must check option Save WorkSpace!

Select File ribbon and in Info option make these steps

Thursday, April 9, 2020 6:37 AM
  • Hi,

I am checking the status of this issue. Do you have any update for it?

If the replies are helpful to this question, please remember to mark them as answers. Your action would be helpful to other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread. Thanks for your understanding.

Anything unclear or any questions, feel free to post them back to let us know. I will be glad to follow up and help you.

Best Regards,

Herb

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Saturday, April 18, 2020 11:20 AM
  • Just to clarify, did you create custom stencils or custom shapes?

When you add a custom shape, it is added to the document stencil, this is a special section of the Visio drawing. When you save the drawing as a stencil, the document stencil is what is actually saved.

Where you save is not critical, you can save the stencil anywhere and just send that file.

You could just send the drawing, the document stencil will be included.

Another way is to save the drawing as a template. This can be loaded with predefined drawings and background pages. When the template is opened a new drawing is created that you can change and the content of the template is untouched.

John... Visio MVP since 93

John... the original Visio MVP (since 1993) Visio.MVPs.org

Friday, June 19, 2020 3:50 PM