none
I can no longer move any of my shapes or text on a page RRS feed

• Question

• I am using Visio 2007.  All of a sudden I can not move any of the shapes or text I created on a page. Please Help!

Thanks!

Friday, May 8, 2020 5:04 PM

All replies

• Actually Visio have 3 ways for lock shapes position.

Order in this list from simpliest to complex.

1. User can place some shapes in some layer, after this he can lock layer

2. Via Protection dialog box.

This article describe how find this dialog box. Sorry this advice for Visio with ribbon interface (2010 and newest).

In Visio with classic interface, such as Visio 2007 try find in Format toolbar.

3. Open ShapeSheet environment and use GUARD function for lock shape position.

Who can made these changes in your document ?

Saturday, May 9, 2020 6:00 AM
  • Hi PupGear,

Please refer to Surrogate's reply to check whether these shapes are locked.

Maybe you could try to press Escape before moving shapes. 

Besides, please make sure your Visio is activated. This issue could happen if Visio is not activated or has entered into reduced functionality mode.

Meanwhile, Office 2007 has reached the end of its support lifecycle, it means there are no free or paid assisted support options, or online technical content updates, please move to Office 365 or upgrade to the most recent version of Office for reasons for security. 

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,

Emily

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Monday, May 11, 2020 3:40 AM
  • Hi,

I am checking the status of this issue. Do you have any update for it?

Anything unclear or any questions, feel free to post them back to let us know. I will be glad to follow up and help you.

Regards,

Emily

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Friday, May 15, 2020 8:57 AM
  • Have you tried creating a new diagram? Does the same happen to that? That'll tell you whether the problem is with Visio or just your original diagram.

Paul Herber, Engineering and software shapes for Visio
    Paul Herber

Saturday, May 16, 2020 7:14 PM
  • Hi PupGear,

Is there any update?

Regards,

Emily

Monday, June 15, 2020 3:04 AM