none
Auto-Calculation in Outlook 2003 Custom Forms

Question

• Hello. I am attempting to create my first-ever custom form in Outlook 2003 without VB. I have most of my fields working correctly/ sending and receiving fine. However, I am still battling two problems:

(1) I am trying to format a "formula" field to calculate the difference in time between two fields (in other words, if Field1 = 7:00 AM and Field2 = 8:00 AM, I want the formula field to display "1 hour" or "1:0" or "60 minutes" --- anything really). However, none of my formulas are working.

My current formula reads: Time Value ([Field2]) - Time Value ([Field1]).  (Field type = formula, Property = value)

What am I doing incorrectly???

(2) Secondly, I have created a combination field as the "subject" line. It links a date field, a drop-down text field and a constant text ("k"). Currently, however, my date field is being displayed (only in the subject, not in the actual field) as a date and time. What, if anything, can I do to remedy this? 

Please let me know if you have any solutions. I am very much a self-taught beginner and appreciate any input. Thanks!

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 1:37 PM

Answers

• Try using the DateDiff function instead, although you may have to use multiple formula fields - one for each interval type (minute, hour, days, etc.) that you want to calculate the difference for.

For question 2, can you show your formula?

Eric Legault MVP (Outlook)
    About me...
    Outlook Appins: Store Social Media fields in your Outlook Contacts!

Thursday, February 28, 2013 5:13 PM