none
Network error while connecting to HTTPS endpoint from MS office word add-in (After August 13th windows update) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys, 

I've been developing word add-in and side-loading it. It was working fine until the new August 13th windows update (windows-10-update-kb4512508) . After this update every time my add-in tries to connect to secure endpoint, it throws network error. Usually it used to work after I trust my self signed certificate in internet explorer, but now it's not working even by doing that. I think that it has something to do with the windows update, as this update included some security enhancements to internet explorer, edge, networking technologies etc.. 

Is there anyone else facing the same issue as I am? Any ideas on how to fix it? or any work around for this?

Additional Information:
    Below is the information of the system-

Windows 10 Home:

Version - 1903

OS Build - 18362.295

MS Office 365 MSO:

Version - 16.0.11901.20204 (64 bit)

Edge:

Edge Version : 44.18362.267.0

Edge HTML : 18.1832

Additional Info:

I downgraded my windows to try an d narrow down the the issue I'm facing is because of the latest windows update. The  windows version info after downgrading is-

Windows 10 :

Version - 1809

OS Build - 17763.678

After downgrading, my add-in is working as usual. It was able to connect to the https-endpoint(cross-domain) without getting any network errors. So I feel something that was introduced in the latest window update is  restricting my adding to connect to the https-endpoint(cross-domain). It would be helpful if someone can help me out with this.

Note: Basically I'm doing a cross domain call. Through internet explorer and edge browser it is working fine as expected before and after downgrading the windows.

• Edited by paulclinton1 Tuesday, September 10, 2019 6:03 AM Providing more information
    Saturday, August 31, 2019 7:12 AM