none
Failed to load the workflow' on SharePoint 2013 designer workflow RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

My current SharePoint Designer 2013 version is '15.0.4569.1503'. I am currently facing issue with opening the "Site Workflow".

I have started receiving the "Failed to load the workflow. To fix this problem restart the  SharePoint Designer" error message after we updated the Workflow stage names from PWA Settings>> Workflow Stages.

Cleared all cache also re-registered the workflow service, nothing helps.

Please help us on this.

Wednesday, November 13, 2019 9:58 AM

All replies

• Add your Web front end Servers IP Address in Workflow Manager Servers host file and try it.

Thanks & Regards,

sharath aluri

Wednesday, November 13, 2019 2:15 PM
  • In our case, the issue is not occurring to all "Site Workflow", we are seeing this issue only with the workflow using the updated stage names.

We were able to  open the workflow even after the Stage names update, this issue is started occurring only after we published the same workflow again.
    Wednesday, November 13, 2019 4:50 PM
  • Hi Ragul,

Try to delete the current stage in the workflow, and re-add the same a actions in a new stage, then republish the workflow to check the result.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Thursday, November 14, 2019 6:42 AM
  • Hi Grace,

We are not able to open the Workflow from Designer(receiving the error message: Failed to load the workflow. To fix this problem restart the  SharePoint Designer ) to delete the current stage in workflow, Even I have tried to delete the Workflow stage from PWA Settings >> Workflow stages and received the below message

Error Message:
    The operation could not be completed.
    • Workflow Stage #UdatedWorkflowStageName cannot be deleted since there are existing projects currently in this stages.

We cant move all the Projects to different stage to delete the Workflow stage from PWA Settings, Since most of the Projects created in sites are in any one of the updated workflow stage name.

Regards,

Ragul

Friday, November 15, 2019 11:52 AM
  • Hi Ragul,

Have you update the stage name in the workflow?

If the issue exists, try to re-install SharePoint Designer and install  latest update for SharePoint Designer and check again.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Wednesday, November 27, 2019 8:12 AM