none
Repeating section problem. RRS feed

• Question

• I have a form created with InfoPath 2013.  It has 2 repeating sections.  I have setup the expression rule to hide Repeating section 1 from being duplicated and made visible.

User goes to add the form.  They complete repeating section 1 and 2.  They then click the "add new table" which works and only adds repeating section 3 below repeating section 2.  Perfect.

Here's my problems.

When the form is done and the user submits, it does not submit one form in whole.  It instead submits multiple forms.  Both forms have repeating sections 1 and 2.  The data entered in Repeating section 1 on form 1 is not carried over to repeating section 1 on form 2.  Also repeating section 3 on form 1 is not on form 1 when submitted, its migrated to form 2 repeating section 2.

Preferred outcome would be that it only submits one form, that has repeating section 1, repeating section 2 and then the additional repeating section 3 and so on.

Anyone?

Thursday, December 5, 2019 2:22 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I cannot reproduce this issue in my environment.

A few things I would like to confirm with you:

1. Have you encountered any error message when you submit the form?

2. Does this issue happen to all users? Do you have any data connection on this form?

3. What do you mean “hide Repeating section 1 from being duplicated and made visible”?

Please provide detailed information about your custom form or a screenshot if possible so that we can troubleshoot for you.

Best regards,

Chelsea Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Friday, December 6, 2019 8:27 AM
  • Hi,

Please remember to update this thread if you have any progress.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Chelsea Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Monday, December 9, 2019 1:31 AM
  • 1.  I do not receive any errors when I quick publish the form.

2.  This happens to all users.

3.  I use the following rule applied to repeating section 1 to hide Repeating section 1 when people select add new section on Repeating section 2.

Rule 1

Condition:*

"The expression" and "count(preceding-sibling::my:SharePointListItem_RW) > 0"

when a user completes repeating section 1 and 2, then selects add new at the bottom of repeating section 2, the system properly adds a brand new empty repeating section 3 and so on.  my problem is that when a third section or more is added, and they submit, it does not submit ONE combined form, it submits multiple forms.  first form has section 1 and 2.  second form has section 1 blank, and section 3.  third form has section 1 blank and section 4.

Very frustrating.

Monday, December 9, 2019 3:06 PM
  • Hi,

It seems to be the expected behavior when you use preceding-sibling function in InfoPath form.

If I remove the rule from the InfoPath form, it is able to submit all repeating sections in one form.

Here’s another related post for your reference.

Data is missing when using preceding-sibling to copy values in SharePoint 2010 List Form edited in InfoPath 2010.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9e4392f0-19c5-4bbd-a613-fcd2584886f7/data-is-missing-when-using-precedingsibling-to-copy-values-in-sharepoint-2010-list-form-edited-in?forum=sharepointcustomizationprevious

Best regards,

Chelsea Wu

Tuesday, December 10, 2019 9:23 AM