none
Connect provider hosted app part with excel web access web part RRS feed

• Question

• Here is what I am trying to do -

I have created a provider hosted app part. Added it to sharepoints page along with EWA web part(now my page has both app part and web part). Now I have to pass some value from app part to EWA web part.

I have connected two web parts but don't know if it is possible to connect app part with a web part. Please suggest your ideas or some links.

Thanks, MM

Friday, October 16, 2015 7:10 PM

Answers

• Hi MMadhu,

As my experience, it is not possbile to pass value from a provider hosted app to an Excel web access web part directly. Indeed provider hosted apps are running in an external host server which is independent with SharePoint. Although you can see it in a SharePoint page, it is actually included in an iframe which targets to an external URL.

To way to make communication from provider hosted app to SharePoint is to programmatically invoke the SharePoint web service, REST service, or use CSOM.

Thanks,
    Reken Liu

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by MMadhu Tuesday, October 20, 2015 1:26 PM
    Tuesday, October 20, 2015 3:32 AM