none
cascading in multi select lookup column RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using Sharepoint 2013.

I have following list Business (Title) , Topic (Title,Business[multi select lookup col]), category (Title,Topic[multi select lookup col]), subCategory(Title,Category[multi select lookup col]).

I have another list where I need cascading while adding new/editing item which is using Business, Topic ,category ,subCategory as multi select lookup column.

I need the cascading on Topic,Category and subCategory i.e if i select item in Business list box then only relevent items to "Business" must populate in "Topic" listbox.  same is required for category ,subCategory listbox.

I will appricate if I can get the running  jquery for it or someone can help me out in it.

Thanks in Advance.

Rajesh Singh

Monday, September 29, 2014 5:39 PM

Answers

All replies

• Marked as answer by RajeshSingh20 Thursday, October 16, 2014 7:18 PM
    Tuesday, September 30, 2014 5:01 AM
  • Thanks for your reply Prasath,

It got it working when I used following JS files  jquery-1.4.2.min.js, jquery.SPServices-0.5.3%20min.js

It is not working when I am using jquery.SPServices-2014.01.js and jquery-1.11.1.js ,gaves "JQuery undefined error"

secondly this scripts works only when I remove the content type from the doc lib and adds the lookup columns individually.

Is there any way I can impliment the cascading on the lookup multi select column inside the content type columns?

Tuesday, September 30, 2014 2:48 PM
  • Hi,

For the “jQuery undefined” error, it may due to the script loading order, please reference the jQuery at first, then SPService.js.

For example:

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="../../jQuery%20Libraries/jquery-1.8.2.js"></script>

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="../../jQuery%20Libraries/jquery.SPServices-0.7.2.min.js"></script>

For the content type issue, I would suggest you create a new Content Type contains the column you want and test the script again in case it is an issue of the corrupted content type.

Feel free to reply with the test result or if there any progress.

Best regards,

Patrick

Patrick Liang
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by RajeshSingh20 Thursday, October 16, 2014 7:20 PM
    Tuesday, October 7, 2014 7:10 AM
  • Refer to the following solution from codeplex

-deleted link to codeplex-

Also refer to the following post for more information

-deleted links-

Cheers,

With the ending of CodePlex, are there sources where I can find a way to get cascading dropdowns working on multiple select fields?

I've been looking all over.

I'm using the jQuery, jQuery.SPServices and SPUtilities libraries in my scripts.

Tuesday, March 27, 2018 6:54 AM