none
SharePoint Hosted App - Language bug? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a site where the default language is en-US. The user preference language is Dutch(nl-BE). So everything on my site is translated to nl-BE.

The problem is now when i open my app, the language is in English while the SPLanguage is nl-BE.

Is this normal behavior?

Thanks, Ludwig

Junior SharePoint Consultant || ludwigvangysel.com

Thursday, April 18, 2013 1:19 PM

All replies

• the app need to be localized to nl-BE first: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/fp179919.aspx
    Friday, April 19, 2013 5:14 AM
  • I already added the feature resources for the app web but this doesn't help. It still displays the english language.

Friday, April 19, 2013 2:06 PM
  • Ludwig,

The app is displayed in English because it takes the default language of the host web. I agree that this might not be what you want but I'm puzzled that you say that your SPLanguage is nl-BE? Are you talking about the SPLanguage token in the query string? I thought it would be en-US.

Ricalo

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 6:07 PM
  • Yes I'm talking about the SPLanguage token in the querystring, this is nl-NL. 

I added on the default page a listviewwebpart which displays a list where the fields are localized but it still displays english. Maybe the development team should check into this. I have added a picture where you can see the behavior.

Thanks Ludwig

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 7:40 PM