none
Prerequisites in end user machine RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Please let me what are the prerequisites to run app for office on end user machine.

I have developed a task pane application and did a shared catalog publishing. But it doesnt work on end user machine.

I have installed Office 2013 and IE 9. I'm i missing anything? Need your help.

Thanks

Prapthi

Monday, October 29, 2012 4:26 PM

All replies

• Hi Prapthi,

You need to add the shared location to trusted location in Office application. btw, below is a training video that demonstrates how to deploy Office web Apps

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/deploying-office-web-apps-2013/10tcvxwj3

Forrest Guo | MSDN Community Support | Feedback to manager

Tuesday, October 30, 2012 9:42 AM
  • Also, please make sure you install the June 2012 update of IE9 (or greater version) as  this has some new technology we need to safely host web content. Running Windows Update after installing an older version of IE9 should suggest a suitable update.

Hope this helps...pc

Tuesday, November 6, 2012 2:09 AM
  • Hi, Prapthi

It sounds like you have met all the prerequisites.

Can you describe what you did on your end and for end users to enable shared catalog publishing? Where is the app hosted? Where is the manifest hosted? Does the end user have access to both of these locations?

Thanks!

-Michael

Tuesday, November 6, 2012 6:46 PM
  • You can develop and share the app to end user in the below steps:

For developer:
    1. Install Office 2013
    2. Install office developer tools for visual studio 2012/2013
    3. Develop the app and put the app package into IIS environment
    4. Modify the manifest file with the IIS directory for the app page.
    5. Upload the manifest file to sharepoint catalog.

For end user:
    1.(Important) Make sure you can access to the sharepoint site by directly navigating to the sharepoint catalog.
    2.(Important) Make sure you can access to the app page by directly navigating to the app page in IIS environment.
    3. Launch Office 2013
    4. Add the sharepoint catalog to trusted catalog.
    5. Restart Office and insert the app from "My Organization".

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 8:46 AM
  • On end user machine, in Excel\Word\PPT, goto "File\Options\Trust Center\Trust Center Settings\Trusted App Catalogs", add your manifest network path to here
    Wednesday, March 12, 2014 6:51 AM