Reassigning a task with Site Owner RRS feed

• Question

• I am having a problem trying to reassing a claimed workflow task with a site owner to another user. I can reassing using System Account, Owner(workflow initiator) or the user that claimed the task but i can't reassing a claimed task with a user that is member of the site owners group. Any Ideas why?? Thanks

Tuesday, March 2, 2010 9:50 PM

Answers

• Here is what i found out. The users that can reassign a claimed task are (and i am talking about Out of the box workflows):

1. Workflow Initiator – If the option “Allow changes to the participant list when this workflow is started” is selected when creating the workflow
    2. User that claimed the task.
    3. System Account – And this mean the user that SharePoint recognize as System Account when you log to SharePoint as that account.

I have the Administrator user as System Account and another user, both users are Site Owners and Collection Administrators. The Administrator user can reassign claimed tasks but the other user with same permissions as the Administrator user can’t. I thought that the only difference between both users is the simple fact that the Administrator user is recognized as the System Account, so I came across this post http://objectmix.com/sharepoint/318846-need-help-sharepoint-system-account.html and made the other account to be recognize as the System Account so when I log to SharePoint with this account it now says System Account and when I log with the Administrator account it just says Administrator. Now when I try to reassign a claimed task with the Administrator account SharePoint don’t let me, but when I try it with the new System Account it works fine. Interesting right? I hope this helps someone.

Wednesday, March 3, 2010 5:38 PM