none
How to filter Jobtitle contains value on sharepoint search query builder ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I want to Jobtitle based filter record on sharepoint search query builder.Search

Thanks in advance

Regards

by

Narasimman

Tuesday, August 6, 2019 10:17 AM

Answers

• Hi Simha,

I haven’t been able to find a good way to ensure a field is not blank.  The only work around I know of is to ensure that Job Title contains one of the letters of the alphabet:

First try with below one if that doesn't work go for the second one:

JobTitle={SearchBoxQuery}

Paste the below code in your query text:

{searchboxquery} (JobTitle:a* OR JobTitle:b* OR JobTitle:c* OR JobTitle:d* OR JobTitle:e* OR JobTitle:f* OR JobTitle:g* OR JobTitle:h* OR JobTitle:i* OR JobTitle:j* OR JobTitle:k* OR JobTitle:l* OR JobTitle:m* OR JobTitle:n* OR JobTitle:o* OR JobTitle:p* OR JobTitle:q* OR JobTitle:r* OR JobTitle:s* OR JobTitle:t* OR JobTitle:u* OR JobTitle:v* OR JobTitle:w* OR JobTitle:x* OR JobTitle:y* OR JobTitle:z*)

Thanks & Regards,

sharath aluri

Tuesday, August 6, 2019 12:52 PM

All replies

• Hi Simha,

I haven’t been able to find a good way to ensure a field is not blank.  The only work around I know of is to ensure that Job Title contains one of the letters of the alphabet:

First try with below one if that doesn't work go for the second one:

JobTitle={SearchBoxQuery}

Paste the below code in your query text:

{searchboxquery} (JobTitle:a* OR JobTitle:b* OR JobTitle:c* OR JobTitle:d* OR JobTitle:e* OR JobTitle:f* OR JobTitle:g* OR JobTitle:h* OR JobTitle:i* OR JobTitle:j* OR JobTitle:k* OR JobTitle:l* OR JobTitle:m* OR JobTitle:n* OR JobTitle:o* OR JobTitle:p* OR JobTitle:q* OR JobTitle:r* OR JobTitle:s* OR JobTitle:t* OR JobTitle:u* OR JobTitle:v* OR JobTitle:w* OR JobTitle:x* OR JobTitle:y* OR JobTitle:z*)

Thanks & Regards,

sharath aluri

Tuesday, August 6, 2019 12:52 PM
  • Hi sharath,

Thanks for your reply. it is working fine on search result webpart.

Regrads

by

Narasimman

Wednesday, August 7, 2019 7:04 AM