none
Permissions on folder in SharePoint 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi 

I have full control on the site and the document library, but still i am unable to manage permissions for the folder, please tell me what can be the reason and why i am unable to manage its permissions

Thanks

Paru

Paru

Tuesday, February 28, 2017 10:26 AM

Answers

All replies

• I doubt that you do not have full control or admin control to the site as "Delete Document" option also seems to be disabled. Please reconfirm your permission.

Avijit Sur

Tuesday, February 28, 2017 11:55 AM
  • Hi Paru,

A guess is that, this folder or this library has been configured to use unique permission settings, then your account might not be assign proper permission to it.

More info:

https://support.office.com/en-ie/article/Make-unique-permissions-for-a-list-or-library-ee8fb087-0aef-490d-8e9c-405153078482

Based on the screenshot you provided, seems that your account can’t access the permission settings of this library. A suggestion is that, please contact the owner of this library and request the access on this library or folder.

Best regards,

Patrick

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by Paru Upreti Wednesday, March 1, 2017 9:00 AM
    Wednesday, March 1, 2017 5:19 AM
  • That folder has unique permission and owner added me and i have access to it now,  it is resolved :)

Thank you

Paru

Wednesday, March 1, 2017 9:01 AM