none
Create a list item with a workflow when a new form is added RRS feed

• Question

• I have read all the discussions about creating a new list item but none seems to solve my problem. I hope someone has some practical solutions. I have a form library (infopath 2010 template) and when a new form is submitted a list with the contents of the populated fields must be created, with a workflow. I tried several solutions but none of them work and i need a solution very urgently. Maybe i making a logical error. First of all, which type of workflow should i use for this? I am using a list workflow associated with the list that stores the new items. How to connect the Title field (of the list) to the Name field of the form library?

I selected the form library from the dropdown list and select the name field (Default column in the form library). Then i need to define the lookup. There is probably when things go wrong but i have no clue.

Maybe someone can explain me the logical steps first(this is my first workflow solution with Sharepoint and Sharepoint designer) and maybe my logical thinking doesnt match with that of the Sharepoint builders.

If i check 'Start workflow when item is created' i get an error when publishing the workflow because it will start another instance of the same workflow. This seems not logic to me, but can anyone assist on this one?

I will be very thankful..

Monday, August 6, 2012 6:53 AM