none
Task was approved by non-task owner RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have created a SPD approval workflow. now the problem is task can be approved by any user even who doesn't got assigned it. they are just in the members group in security. The workflow history shows that Approval is rejected due to Approver is not the task owner.  but the next line indicates that was Updated (Approved) by system user. Please refer the screenshot below. I tried with creating different workflows also. but the same Result. 

Monday, May 16, 2016 3:29 PM

Answers

• Hi Supun,

When you create the workflow, are you using SharePoint 2010 workflow platform or SharePoint 2013 platform?

If you are using SharePoint 2010 platform, you can select the approval action, and click Approval(*) in the approval action, then in the task settings, check "Only allow task recipients and process owners to read and edit workflow tasks".

Like the below:

Best Regards,

Wendy

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 17, 2016 3:16 AM

All replies

• Hi Supun,

When you create the workflow, are you using SharePoint 2010 workflow platform or SharePoint 2013 platform?

If you are using SharePoint 2010 platform, you can select the approval action, and click Approval(*) in the approval action, then in the task settings, check "Only allow task recipients and process owners to read and edit workflow tasks".

Like the below:

Best Regards,

Wendy

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 17, 2016 3:16 AM
  • Wendy,

Thanks a lot. It resolved my Case :-)

Regards. 

Tuesday, May 17, 2016 4:56 PM