none
Finding original site template id used for main site without access to Sharepoint 2013 server RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to recover a sharepoint 2013 site by installing sharepoint 2013 in a new domain. I only have access to database backups from the original server. One option I've seen uses a query based on the table dbo.Webs in the content database to find the original site template used to create a site. However, that table does not exist in the content database from the original server. Any other tables in the content database I could retrieve the site template used to create the main site on the original server? At this point, I may have to create the main site using the blank site template and restore the content database from the old server. Any ideas/suggestions are welcome.

haazi2

Monday, June 29, 2020 1:40 AM

All replies

• Hi haazi2,

I am currently looking into this issue and will give you an update as soon as possible.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Best regards,

Julie

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Tuesday, June 30, 2020 1:17 AM
  • Hi haazi2,

In SharePoint 2013, we could use below Query to find the web template in the dbo.AllWebs table under content database:

SELECT Title, WebTemplate FROM [WSS_Content_46182].[dbo].[AllWebs]

Also, you seem to want to manually create a website in the new server farm, why not restore the content database and then attach the database to the new web application?

After you attach a content database, it will automatically display all site collections in this content database.

More information for your reference:

https://sharepoint.stackexchange.com/questions/239596/migrating-sharepoint-2013-servers-to-new-domain-same-version-and-build-best-p

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/administration/attach-or-detach-content-databases

Best regards,

Julie

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Tuesday, June 30, 2020 2:47 AM
  • Julie,

Thank you for the info. I was thinking of creating a web application in SharePoint 2013 and attach the content database from the old server to it. I just thought the site type needed to match the original site type from the old server in order to attach the content database.

haazi2

• Edited by haazi2 Friday, July 3, 2020 10:30 PM
    Friday, July 3, 2020 9:02 PM
  • Hi haazi2,

When you attach the content databse in a new web application in the new farm, all site collections in this content database will be restored automatically,  there is no need to apply the same site type.

If you find any reply is helpful to you, please remember to mark it as answer.

It will do great help to those who meet the similar question in this forum.

Best regards,

Julie

Monday, July 6, 2020 3:19 AM