none
SharePoint Designer Custom Action to add 'Share' button to eclipse menu on List item

Question

• On SharePoint 2013 lists (unlike libraries) there is no 'Share' button on the item's menu. This means we cannot share a list item OOTB as we can with a document in a library.

I thought of adding another function to the eclipse menu called 'Share' and call the same share dialog as with documents:

but instead of a document ID, passing a list item ID to the function.

I would like to achieve this with a SP Designer 2013 by creating a 'Custom Action' - > 'List Item Menu'. This seems to be the easiest and quickest way to do it.

What I struggle with is finding out what I have to put into the ‘Navigate to URL’:

Developer tab does not help and I do not know what is the URL for a ‘sharing’ callout in SP 2013.

I found a similar thread on this forum but I cannot get this to work with a ‘Content Editor’ or ‘Script Editor’ web parts.

Does anyone know the URL that would call a standard sharing dialog for the list item?

Your help is greatly appreciated!
    Monday, March 30, 2015 2:00 PM

Answers

• Hi,

According to your description, my understanding is that you want to add the share function for the list item in SharePoint 2013.

The share dialogue is generated by the sharing.js, so we can't get the real url for the share dialogue.

As a workaround, in SharePoint, we can add JSLink in the list web part to customize for the list item to open the sharing dialogue, you can refer the Steve's reply .

More information:

SP.Sharing namespace

Using JSLink with SharePoint 2013

Thanks

Best Regards

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Lukas_UK Wednesday, April 1, 2015 10:00 AM
    Wednesday, April 1, 2015 9:47 AM

All replies

• Hi,

According to your description, my understanding is that you want to add the share function for the list item in SharePoint 2013.

The share dialogue is generated by the sharing.js, so we can't get the real url for the share dialogue.

As a workaround, in SharePoint, we can add JSLink in the list web part to customize for the list item to open the sharing dialogue, you can refer the Steve's reply .

More information:

SP.Sharing namespace

Using JSLink with SharePoint 2013

Thanks

Best Regards

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Lukas_UK Wednesday, April 1, 2015 10:00 AM
    Wednesday, April 1, 2015 9:47 AM
  • Thanks Jerry. I find your links, especially 'Using JSLink...' very useful. Thanks.
    Wednesday, April 1, 2015 10:00 AM