none
Sharepoint designer 2013 workflow RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!!!

We have an issue with email workflow created on Sharepoint 2013 platform. Workflow is when an item is modified with a condition an email should get triggered to a user. So I have created a test item and edited it with the condition where workflow will work. Then email is getting triggered. But when any other user who had full control over the list is trying to add and modify item(Same what I had done) email is not getting triggered. 

Can some one help me with this?

Regards,
    Susmitha 

Thursday, December 5, 2019 11:08 AM

All replies

• Hi,

What is the error you see in workflow?Also could you share the workflow condition?

Thanks,

Ravi

Thursday, December 5, 2019 5:32 PM
  • Hi, Susmitha,

First please make sure the user with issue is not using the system account. The System account cannot trigger any workflow. It is a by design behavior. Also try with other common user accounts to see if this issue occurs.

For checking the workflow status, please have a check on the workflow history list and the workflow status. The link for workflow history list is like  http://domain/sites/sitename/lists/Workflow%20History/AllItems.aspx. Ensure that the workflow is indeed not triggered. You can also add a log action in the beginning stage of the workflow to leave some message in the workflow history . Check whether the issue is in the email part or the trigger part. 

And what is your condition? Verify if the user meets the condition when he update the list item.

Best Regrds

Jerry 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Friday, December 6, 2019 2:19 AM
  • Hi Ravi,

Below is the workflow condition. We cannot find any errors in the history. I had created it and when I try to modify an item workflow is getting triggered, But when other users try, email is not getting triggered.

Regards,

Susmitha

Susmithakatreddy

Monday, December 9, 2019 11:20 AM
  • Hi Jerry,

User  met the condition when he had updated the list item. Condition is particular field is equal to one of the items in its drop down. I cannot find any log in history list. 

Since now even when I create or modify an item in the list, it ia not triggering an email. 2010 workflows are working fine with same logic.

Regards,

Susmitha

Susmithakatreddy

Monday, December 9, 2019 11:36 AM
  • Hi,

Below is the error message.

An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the workflow 

instance. Exception details: System.ApplicationException: HTTP 401 

{"error_description":"The server was unable to process the request 

due to an internal error. For more information about the error, 

either turn on IncludeExceptionDetailInFaults (either from 

ServiceBehaviorAttribute or from the <serviceDebug> configuration 

behavior) on the server in order to send the exception information 

back to the client, or turn on tracing as per the Microsoft .NET 

Framework SDK documentation and inspect the server trace logs."} 

{"x-ms-diagnostics":["3001000;reason=\"There has been an error 

authenticating the request.\";category=\"invalid_client

\""],"SPRequestGuid":["45703055-b6de-32be-b21a-

fd458503c2fd"],"request-id":["45703055-b6de-32be-b21a-

fd458503c2fd"],"X-FRAME-OPTIONS":

["SAMEORIGIN"],"SPRequestDuration":["9"],"SPIisLatency":

["0"],"Server":["Microsoft-IIS\/8.5"],"WWW-Authenticate":["Bearer 

realm=\"2297553a-c11e-4411-83ce-eafaf00852cd\",client_id=\"00000003

-0000-0ff1-ce00-000000000000\",trusted_issuers=\"00000005-0000-0000

-c000-000000000000@*,bde31c9a-6662-4f56-a9d2-04a6435312ab@2297553a-

c11e-4411-83ce-eafaf00852cd,00000003-0000-0ff1-ce00-

000000000000@2297553a-c11e-4411-83ce-eafaf00852cd\"","NTLM","Basic 

realm=\"t2.stone.stockmann.com\""],"X-Powered-By":

["ASP.NET"],"MicrosoftSharePointTeamServices":["15.0.0.4763"],"X-

Content-Type-Options":["nosniff"],"X-MS-InvokeApp":["1; 

RequireReadOnly"],"Date":["Mon, 09 Dec 2019 11:57:40 GMT"]} at 

Microsoft.Activities.Hosting.Runtime.Subroutine.SubroutineChild.Exec

ute(CodeActivityContext context) at 

System.Activities.CodeActivity.InternalExecute(ActivityInstance 

instance, ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager 

bookmarkManager) at 

System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteActivityWorkItem.E

xecuteBody(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager 

bookmarkManager, Location resultLocation)

Susmithakatreddy

Monday, December 9, 2019 12:40 PM
  • Hi, Susmithakatreddy,

It seems to be an authentication issue. If the user has full control on the site also has this issue. Here are something you can try:

1. Make sure your user profile service is started,  User profile synchronization service is started (also ensure both FIM Services are started) and the service application is in proper status, the user is in the user profile list. Do a full sync of your UPA. Ensure user profile service application has been associated to the web application 

2. Recycle SecurityTokenServiceApplicationPool pool in IIS, terminate and resubmit all Suspended workflows.

3.Try to activate Workflow can use app permissions in Site Settings and create elevated permission. 

Some blogs which may be helpful to you. 

Reference link: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/ie/en-US/71aa5e84-f74b-48fb-a924-628fb121aa27/workflow-canceled-error-in-sharepoint-2013?forum=sharepointgeneral

http://aurramu.blogspot.com/2017/12/sharepoint-2013-workflow-got-cancelled.html

https://sharepoint.stackexchange.com/questions/149888/sharepoint-workflow-2013-always-suspendedhttps://sharepointpixels.wordpress.com/2016/10/25/problem-with-2013-workflow-gets-suspended-with-there-has-been-an-error-authenticating-the-request-massage/

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best Regards

Jerry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Tuesday, December 10, 2019 1:35 AM
  • Hi!

Today we have a strange issue that modified and created date of workflows in designer 2013 is 6/12/1601 for all the 2013 workflows but nor for 2010 workflows. Below is the screenshot. Could you kindly help me with this.

Susmitha

Wednesday, December 11, 2019 7:32 AM
  • Hi, Susmitha,

Have you tried the solution i provided in the last reply? Do they work for your original issue. For the date issue, it seems to be a new one which is independent. I will recommend you to post a new thread about this. 

Best Regards

Jerry

Wednesday, December 11, 2019 7:51 AM
  • No Jerry, the solution you had provided earlier didnt help me. Later on that we had identified the above error in our designer 2013.

Susmitha

Wednesday, December 11, 2019 10:45 AM
  • Hi, Susmitha,

If the user is added through an AD security group, please have a try to add him directly to the SharePoint Group. Then test with workflows. 

You may need to open a support ticket if all the solutions do not work on your situation. 

Best Regards

Jerry

Thursday, December 12, 2019 8:13 AM