none
Creation of excel sheet in document library based on data in SharePoint Online List RRS feed

• Question

• I have a SharePoint  list 'Data' it has 14 columns and i have a document library 'Reports'.

I want to create an excel sheet in 'Reports' document library based on the data in SharePoint list 'Data'.

How can we achieve this?

Tuesday, November 26, 2019 6:50 AM

All replies

• Hi Rajesh,

You can open the Excel in the Reports library in Client Excel Application, click Open in Desktop App:

Then click "Data" Ribbon Menu select as below:

Enter User Credential and then it will pop up a list of all lists in SharePoint site, select specfic one based on needs and then Excel will be populated with the list data:

Another option, you could use the built in "Export To Excel" in the Ribbon, this will export a CSV file, then you could upload into the Report library for usage:

Thanks

Best Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Wednesday, November 27, 2019 3:07 AM
  • I just want to update the automatically every 1 hour.

Export to excel will give default format but my excel has different format.

Wednesday, November 27, 2019 4:26 AM
  • Hi,

Then you could use WSS and Excel Add-in to Sync with SharePoint Online list:

Publishing and Synchronizing Excel tables to SharePoint 2013/2016/Online Lists using Excel Add-in

Thanks

Best Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Thursday, November 28, 2019 8:25 AM