none
How to remove "Relink documents" view from a SharePoint List? RRS feed

• Question

• How to delete the "Relink Documents" view from a SharePoint List???? I am using a SharePoint Form Library in which i have used a filter in public view. But the problem is when the user switch to "Relink Document" view, then he or she is able to see all the items. As a result of this, the purpose of filter is failed. 
    Can anyone give me the solution????
    Thursday, January 29, 2009 8:54 AM

Answers

• Hello,

Based on my research and test, here is the summary about the answer to your question:

1.       There is no out-of-box way to remove/hide the view in the drop-down list.

2.       The view Relink Documents is related to the permission Edit Items. If the users don’t need to edit the items in the form list, you could clear this permission. In such a situation, the users won’t see the view in drop-down list.

3.       The page responsible for Relink Documents view is the repair.aspx under the form library. Removing this page will hide this view choice to all users. However, you cannot restore this page after this action, we DO NOT recommend you to this.

If you have any other question, please let us know. Thanks.

Best Regards,

Lionel

Tuesday, February 3, 2009 10:49 AM

All replies

• Does anyone know the solution????
    Friday, January 30, 2009 2:42 AM
  • Hello,

Based on my research and test, here is the summary about the answer to your question:

1.       There is no out-of-box way to remove/hide the view in the drop-down list.

2.       The view Relink Documents is related to the permission Edit Items. If the users don’t need to edit the items in the form list, you could clear this permission. In such a situation, the users won’t see the view in drop-down list.

3.       The page responsible for Relink Documents view is the repair.aspx under the form library. Removing this page will hide this view choice to all users. However, you cannot restore this page after this action, we DO NOT recommend you to this.

If you have any other question, please let us know. Thanks.

Best Regards,

Lionel

Tuesday, February 3, 2009 10:49 AM
  • This thread is very helpful...

What permissions need to be removed to get rid of "Merge Documents" and 'Relink Documents"?  I want a user to "create" an new item (form created by InfoPath stored in a from library), but not see who created or modified the form or forms in the list.

If all fails, how od I remove repair.aspx?    This is in my test env.

Thanks,

Tuesday, June 9, 2009 6:47 PM
  • Did you ever find a soulution to this question?
    Tuesday, August 25, 2009 2:21 AM
  • I just wanted to toss some info @ this post because I recently found the need to revive a repair.aspx file that I previously deleted.

One thing to keep in mind with all of the View and list related ASPX files, is that they all rely on ID's to grab the information and display it.

Anyway, I copied the repair.aspx file from another document library that I left untouched, then dove into the code of that page using SharePoint Designer. I grabbed the List ID and View ID of my list ( by going to the list settings and view settings).

I replaced the following ID's with the ones I grabbed from my list that was missing the repair.aspx

<ListName xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WebPart/v2/ListView">{98CC41D7-0435-4CDD-9F26-1619154F91F3}</ListName>

<ListViewXml xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WebPart/v2/ListView">&lt;View Name="{C8A3238C-74C6-406F-998E-45FEA1A830EA}"

Then, I did a find and replace for the list name. example: list name of the list i pulled repair.aspx from = "Accounting Library", and replaced it with the list i wanted to fix, "HR Library". That updated all of the hard coded URLS pointing to the other list.

Then I saved, and accessed the page, and it worked.

Like everyone says, it's not a good idea to delete those crucial aspx pages, but if you do, there's usually a way to get em back!
    Thursday, August 27, 2009 8:28 PM
  • Hello

Is this the Only solution for Removing the Relink Documents from the Drop Down? 

We have a Form Security issues since people should not view other users Forms.

My Documents View is the only one we need.

Please let me know an alternative approach then removing repair.aspx.  I believe other customers are having this security issue with Form Libraries.

thanks for your help in advance.

jose
    Friday, November 13, 2009 4:10 PM
  • There is a workaround for this, which is to leave the DisplayName field for the View in the repair.aspx page empty.

Original:

<ListViewXml xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WebPart/v2/ListView">&lt;View Name="{19E73B47-1B6B-4625-A879-3D6861B2D231}" Type="HTML" Hidden="TRUE" DisplayName="Relink Documents" Url="/test/Forms/repair.aspx" Level="1" BaseViewID="9" ContentTypeID="0x" ...

After changing DisplayName:

<ListViewXml xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WebPart/v2/ListView">&lt;View Name="{19E73B47-1B6B-4625-A879-3D6861B2D231}" Type="HTML" Hidden="TRUE" DisplayName="" Url="/test/Forms/repair.aspx" Level="1" BaseViewID="9" ContentTypeID="0x"

The Relink Documents page can still be accessed from Form Library Settings > Relink documents to this Library (Permissions and Management). With this we don't need to delete the repair.aspx page.

Now the catch :P: The View option on the Relink Document Page will longer be available anymore. Small sacrifice :D

• Proposed as answer by SP User 2012 Thursday, October 7, 2010 12:34 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by SP User 2012 Monday, March 12, 2012 2:22 AM
    Thursday, October 7, 2010 12:32 PM
  • Hm, I believe the best thing you could do it to open in SharePoint designer and

1. change name of repair.aspx file

or

2. Delete web part from it

3. Change whole page into something else

etc...

BR

Krasa

Tuesday, May 22, 2012 9:45 AM
  • Rather than rename or delete the files for REPAIR.ASPX, and COMBINE.ASPX - or setting to blank - you can simply remove the VIEWS...

They're added to the VIEWS for the list - so you can simply remove - using PowerShell, or SharePoint Manager.

Here's a great post about how to do it :

http://sharepointroot.com/2012/06/26/merge-documents-relink-documents-remove/

• Proposed as answer by Chris OConnor Tuesday, June 26, 2012 1:41 AM
    Tuesday, June 26, 2012 1:41 AM
  • Using the SharePoint Manager and/or SPx tool, you can remove the views...    But can't do view standard UI...

(or could use PowerShell)

They're simply "SPViews" added to the SharePoint List/Library...

http://bit.ly/LM8f9x

• Edited by Chris OConnor Tuesday, June 26, 2012 1:43 AM Added URL
    Tuesday, June 26, 2012 1:43 AM
  • The easiest way is to delete the "All Documents" view - and they disappear.

You will need to create another view (copy of All Documents) - and set it as default.

Then - when you delete the "All Documents" view - the Relink and Merge will be deleted also.

http://sharepointroot.com/2012/06/26/merge-documents-relink-documents-remove/#comment-923

• Proposed as answer by Chris OConnor Wednesday, September 26, 2012 12:35 AM
    Wednesday, September 26, 2012 12:35 AM
  • A comment on my blog suggests to delete the "All Documents" view - and that works...!

http://sharepointroot.com/2012/06/26/merge-documents-relink-documents-remove/#comment-923

• Proposed as answer by Chris OConnor Wednesday, September 26, 2012 12:36 AM
    Wednesday, September 26, 2012 12:36 AM
  • So, this is an older post but I recently encountered the same requirement. What I ended up doing is modifying the repair.aspx page in sharepoint designer. I added a current user filter to the data view and connected the two web parts. What this did was restrict the viewable documents to just those that were authored by the user.
    Friday, March 28, 2014 5:27 PM
  • Hi, It's possible without any complexity.

Click on the Views drop down -> Configure Views for this location

You will end up on a page which has two textboxes. On right the views you want to Keep and on left the views you want to remove.

Even if you see just the views you want. No problem, just remove your views from the right box and add them back again. :-)

Click OK.

Solved! You will no more see the views "Relink Document"

-- Best Regards, Ashish

• Edited by Ashish.1341 Friday, May 6, 2016 3:12 PM formatting
    Friday, May 6, 2016 3:12 PM