none
Can I use the (new) Office Graph API to search for experts on a subject ? RRS feed

• Question

• I have found this:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/office/office365/howto/develop-office-graph

This technology sounds very promising and I understand that it is still in preview, but before I dive in too deeply, I was wondering if I can use this API (in the future) to search for experts (users) on a certain topic.

I have doubts that are caused by this line:

To present the most relevant content in different contexts, the Office graph uses a two-step analysis. First, it calculates which users in the graph are most relevant to the current context. Second, it retrieves the most relevant content associated with these users.

I think I need it the other way around ? First find most relevant content and second find the user(s) who created it.

• Edited by mpjjonker Thursday, May 21, 2015 1:39 PM typo
    Thursday, May 21, 2015 1:33 PM

Answers

• Hi,

>> I was wondering if I can use this API (in the future) to search for experts (users) on a certain topic.

I’m not very familiar with the Office Graph, so please correct me if I have any misunderstanding.

Based on my understanding, the Office Graph is Actor -> Edge -> Object, so I don’t think you can query Office Graph by a specific object (keyword).

This forum is mainly for discussing questions about developing Apps for Office, if you have any feedbacks for Office Graph, I suggest you submitting them to Office Development Platform User Voice.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,

Jeffrey

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, May 25, 2015 6:44 AM