none
Latest Version Of Office Web Apps RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.

I have installed the October 2013 CU for SharePoint 2010.  This brought my SharePoint farm up to 14.0.7108.5000 version.

Where is the latest CU for Office Web Apps located so I can download it?

What is the latest version number for Office Web Apps?

Monday, November 25, 2013 8:50 PM

Answers

• This list is always current:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-US/office/ee748587.aspx

OWA updates for 2010 are usually delivered in individual MSPs.  Beyond security updates, this should be the latest non-security update:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2825967

Trevor Seward, MCC

Follow or contact me at...

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Monday, November 25, 2013 8:59 PM
  • You should have installed Service Pack 2 for OWA.  Beyond that, yes don't install hotfixes (or CUs) unless it addresses a particular issue, as hotfixes/CUs can often break things.  Of course, always install security fixes.  You'll have to check for each month's CU page to see if there are any individual hotfixes (MSPs) for OWA.

Trevor Seward, MCC

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Monday, November 25, 2013 9:26 PM

All replies

• This list is always current:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-US/office/ee748587.aspx

OWA updates for 2010 are usually delivered in individual MSPs.  Beyond security updates, this should be the latest non-security update:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2825967

Trevor Seward, MCC

Monday, November 25, 2013 8:59 PM
  • @Trevor, thank you for replying.

Are OWA updates now included in CU's?

Monday, November 25, 2013 9:16 PM
  • OWA updates are not included in any SharePoint CU.  They're always separate hotfixes and notated as such.

Trevor Seward, MCC

Monday, November 25, 2013 9:16 PM
  • ok. It's just that when I follow the links in the table that you posted the link to to OWA for 2010 I can't find a download.  The latest update link you posted to the hotfix says to only install it if we have experienced the issue that the hotfix fixes (we haven't experienced the issue).

But our OWA has never been updated.  

The point being there is no clarity on what we need to install or where it can be downloaded from.

Monday, November 25, 2013 9:23 PM
  • You should have installed Service Pack 2 for OWA.  Beyond that, yes don't install hotfixes (or CUs) unless it addresses a particular issue, as hotfixes/CUs can often break things.  Of course, always install security fixes.  You'll have to check for each month's CU page to see if there are any individual hotfixes (MSPs) for OWA.

Trevor Seward, MCC

Monday, November 25, 2013 9:26 PM
  • This link also seems to link to a package called "Microsoft Web Access Controls 2010" which doesn't seem to be the same as Office Web Apps or have they renamed it?
    Monday, November 25, 2013 9:28 PM
  • I believe that is a hotfix that is part of the Word Viewing Server (which is part of Office Web Apps).  But no, OWA has not been renamed.

Trevor Seward, MCC

Monday, November 25, 2013 9:30 PM