none
Cannot Configure Workflow Manager RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm having trouble configuring WM on my machine. In a nutshell, it complains about the Fabric Data Collection Agent being disabled. Here's the full error message:

Starting

Validating input and configuration parameters.
    Installing auto-generated certificate.
    Granting 'Log on as Service' privilege to the run as account.
    Windows Fabric configuration started.
    Running Windows Fabric deployment.
    Program C:\Program Files\Windows Fabric\bin\Fabric\Fabric.Code.1.0\FabricDeployer.exe exited with error: Windows Fabric deployment failed.DeploymentValidator: warning: The Fabric Data Collection Agent is disabled for this deployment.
    None of the declared nodes is for the current machine.

And here's the log file:

[Verbose] [25-10-2012 09:29:36]: Validating input and configuration parameters.
    [Progress] [25-10-2012 09:29:36]: Validating input and configuration parameters.
    [Verbose] [25-10-2012 09:29:36]: Installing auto-generated certificate.
    [Progress] [25-10-2012 09:29:36]: Installing auto-generated certificate.
    [Verbose] [25-10-2012 09:29:46]: Granting 'Log on as Service' privilege to the run as account.
    [Progress] [25-10-2012 09:29:46]: Granting 'Log on as Service' privilege to the run as account.
    [Verbose] [25-10-2012 09:29:46]: Windows Fabric configuration started.
    [Progress] [25-10-2012 09:29:46]: Windows Fabric configuration started.
    [Verbose] [25-10-2012 09:29:48]: Windows Fabric cluster manifest generated.
    [Verbose] [25-10-2012 09:29:48]: Running Windows Fabric deployment.
    [Progress] [25-10-2012 09:29:48]: Running Windows Fabric deployment.
    [Error] [25-10-2012 09:29:50]: System.Management.Automation.CmdletInvocationException: Program C:\Program Files\Windows Fabric\bin\Fabric\Fabric.Code.1.0\FabricDeployer.exe exited with error: Windows Fabric deployment failed.DeploymentValidator: warning: The Fabric Data Collection Agent is disabled for this deployment.

---> System.InvalidOperationException: Program C:\Program Files\Windows Fabric\bin\Fabric\Fabric.Code.1.0\FabricDeployer.exe exited with error: Windows Fabric deployment failed.DeploymentValidator: warning: The Fabric Data Collection Agent is disabled for this deployment.

at Microsoft.ServiceBus.Commands.Common.ProcessHelper.RunCommandInProcess(String exeName, String arguments, String errorString)
       at Microsoft.ServiceBus.Commands.AddSBHost.ProcessRecordImplementation()
       at Microsoft.ServiceBus.Commands.ServiceBusBaseCmdlet.ProcessRecord()
       at System.Management.Automation.CommandProcessor.ProcessRecord()
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at System.Management.Automation.PowerShell.EndInvoke(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
       at Microsoft.Workflow.Deployment.ConfigWizard.CommandletHelper.InvokePowershell(Command command, Action`3 updateProgress)
       at Microsoft.Workflow.Deployment.ConfigWizard.ProgressPageViewModel.AddSBNode(FarmCreationModel model, Boolean isFirstCommand)

I must say that all AppFabric services are running, even AppFabric Event Collection Service (don't know if it is the same, though).

Any ideas? Has anyone experienced this problem?

Cheers,

RP

Thursday, October 25, 2012 8:33 AM

Answers

• Hello again, Ramiro!

I'm a bit ashamed... I just realized WM is only supported for WS2008 and 2012, and I installed it on W7! :-)

I think the installation program should have prevented this, anyway, it's my fault for not looking at the installation instructions properly.

On the other hand, it's a shame it won't run on client Windows, not even W8!

Thanks for your help, regards,

RP

Saturday, October 27, 2012 9:27 AM

All replies

• Hi Ricardo,

I have a few questions about your machine and installation:

• Is this a domain-joined machine, or a workgroup machine?
    • How did you installed Workflow Manager? Did you used WebPI?
    • Did you have the beta version installed on the same machine?

Thanks!

Ramiro Berrelleza

Friday, October 26, 2012 12:34 AM
  • Hello, Ramiro!

My machine belongs to a domain, yes. I installed WF through the Platform Installer, and I never had any other version.

Does this help? :-)

Regards,

RP

Friday, October 26, 2012 8:58 AM
  • Hi Ricardo,

We had a bug on the installation scripts that we fixed last night, and that could be causing this. Could you try the following steps?

1. Open the Workflow Manager configuration wizard again, and leave the farm if your machine is still joined
    2. Uninstall Workflow Manager, Service Bus and Windows Fabric from your machine via the Add / Remove programs.
    3. Close WebPI (in case it was opened)
    4. Reopen WebPI (this will refresh the feed to get the latest version of everything)
    5. Reinstall and reconfigure Workflow Manager.

Let me know if this doesn't solve your problem, and we can investigate it further.

Ramiro Berrelleza

Friday, October 26, 2012 6:30 PM
  • Hello again, Ramiro!

I'm a bit ashamed... I just realized WM is only supported for WS2008 and 2012, and I installed it on W7! :-)

I think the installation program should have prevented this, anyway, it's my fault for not looking at the installation instructions properly.

On the other hand, it's a shame it won't run on client Windows, not even W8!

Thanks for your help, regards,

RP

Saturday, October 27, 2012 9:27 AM
  • Starting
    Created and configured Service Bus farm management database.
    Created and configured Service Bus gateway database.
    Creating default container.
    Microsoft.ServiceBus.Commands.SBFarmInfo

Processing completed
    Created and configured farm management database.
    Created and configured Workflow Manager resource management database.
    Created and configured Workflow Manager instance management database.
    Microsoft.Workflow.Deployment.Commands.WFFarmInfo

Processing completed
    Validating input and configuration parameters.
    Installing auto-generated certificate.
    Granting 'Log on as Service' privilege to the run as account.
    Windows Fabric configuration started.
    Running Windows Fabric deployment.
    Program C:\Program Files\Windows Fabric\bin\Fabric\Fabric.Code.1.0\FabricDeployer.exe exited with error: Windows Fabric deployment failed.DeploymentValidator: warning: The Fabric Data Collection Agent is disabled for this deployment.

We have the same problem on two machines :/

Both are on Win 2008 r2 SP1.

SQL is on the same machine, AD is on separate one.

Instalation process is being conducted on dedicaated user.

I've noticed that after that error occured "Windows Fabric Host Service" stops.

No error in event log :/

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 6:29 PM
  • Hi Havkey,

When the server is getting installed and configured, the file c:\Program Files\Windows Fabric\bin\ClusterManifest.1.0.xml gets generated. Is it possible for you toshare the contents of the file?

Thanks!

Ramiro Berrelleza

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 7:16 PM
  • Sure

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <ClusterManifest xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" Name="Server-Default-SingleNode" Version="1.0" xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/2011/01/fabric">
      <NodeTypes>
        <NodeType Name="NodeType1">
          <Endpoints>
            <ClientConnectionEndpoint Port="19000" />
            <LeaseDriverEndpoint Port="19001" />
            <ClusterConnectionEndpoint Port="19002" />
            <ServiceConnectionEndpoint Port="19006" />
            <ApplicationEndpoints StartPort="30001" EndPort="31000" />
          </Endpoints>
        </NodeType>
      </NodeTypes>
      <Infrastructure>
        <WindowsServer>
          <NodeList>
            <Node NodeName="Node1" IPAddressOrFQDN="localhost" IsSeedNode="true" NodeTypeRef="NodeType1" FaultDomain="fd:/RACK1" UpgradeDomain="MYUD1" />
          </NodeList>
        </WindowsServer>
      </Infrastructure>
      <FabricSettings>
        <Section Name="Security">
          <Parameter Name="ClusterCredentialType" Value="None" />
          <Parameter Name="ServerAuthCredentialType" Value="None" />
        </Section>
        <Section Name="NamingService">
          <Parameter Name="PartitionCount" Value="1" />
          <Parameter Name="TargetReplicaSetSize" Value="1" />
          <Parameter Name="MinReplicaSetSize" Value="1" />
        </Section>
        <Section Name="FailoverManager">
          <Parameter Name="ClusterStableWaitDuration" Value="0" />
          <Parameter Name="ExpectedClusterSize" Value="1" />
        </Section>
        <Section Name="ClusterManager">
        </Section>
        <Section Name="Management">
          <Parameter Name="ImageStoreConnectionString" Value="file:C:\ProgramData\Windows Fabric\ImageStore" />
        </Section>
        <Section Name="PlacementAndLoadBalancing" />
        <Section Name="Hosting">
          <Parameter Name="EndpointProviderEnabled" Value="true" />
        </Section>
        <Section Name="Trace/Etw">
          <Parameter Name="Level" Value="4" />
        </Section>
      </FabricSettings>
    </ClusterManifest>

Thursday, November 22, 2012 1:28 PM
  • don't know whether it is important, but...

we've installed SP 2013 using spautoinstaller.. I will try once again on a clear windows 2008 r2 sp1 without it.

Thursday, November 22, 2012 8:55 PM
  • On a fresh installation problem does not exist... don't know what was the cause..
    Monday, November 26, 2012 12:09 PM
  • We're investigating into this issue. When you encountered the problem, did you installed WorkflowManager directly via WebPI, or did spautoinstaller took care of it?

Thanks!

Ramiro Berrelleza

Tuesday, November 27, 2012 10:24 PM
  • We're investigating into this issue. When you encountered the problem, did you installed WorkflowManager directly via WebPI, or did spautoinstaller took care of it?

Thanks!

Ramiro Berrelleza

Thursday, December 6, 2012 12:47 PM
  • I also have the same issue i have configured it using the workflow manager. but still i am having the same issue. i tried it in 3 places all having the same problem. I even formatted the system re-installed the the bits from Web installer the n when i am trying to configure i have the same problem.

Kindly suggest as I am stuck at it. 

Thursday, December 13, 2012 12:46 PM
  • Any suggestion to the above problem? If any one wants to reach me to work on this problem. Kindly reach me.
    Thursday, December 20, 2012 2:21 PM
  • i got this on window server 2008 r2. I didn't use autospinstaller. The funny part is i have it working in the past but accident remove from the farm and have issue rejoin. I try to to reinstall and reconfig workflow manger and got stuck. Anyone have fixed or know the problem? Wonder if there some update causing issue.

• Edited by VietP Tuesday, January 8, 2013 6:27 AM
    Tuesday, January 8, 2013 1:29 AM
  • One case where I saw this happening was when the machine had a hosts file with addresses pointing to the current machine.

Do you have a hosts file on the machine where you see a failure?
    Does the hosts file have an entry containing the name or FQDN of the current machine?

For example.
    <IP address of current machine> <alias 1> <alias 2> <FQDN or hostname current machine> ...

Can you remove the FQDN or hostname from the list? If not make the FQDN as the first entry after the IP address
    The hosts file should change to
    <IP address of current machine> <alias 1> <alias 2> ...
    or
    <IP address of current machine> <FQDN of current machine> <alias 1> <alias 2>...

Thanks,

Amit

Thursday, January 10, 2013 1:39 AM
  • Hey Ramiro

I'm in the same spot as Ricardo. Same error, but running on Windows Server 2008 R2 in a distributed install (1 sharepoint app server, 1 sharepoint wfe server, 1 sql server). I'm trying the install on the sharepoint app server and get the exact same error.

Trying to follow your steps above, when I try to uninstall service bus 1.0, it continues to insist that the server is part of a farm, even though i can successfully run both the service bus configuration manager and the service bus powershell (remove-sbhost) and they both indicate the server isn't part of a farm.

Any ideas?

Thursday, January 10, 2013 5:23 PM
  • Removing the host file entry that was pointing to the local server, dis-joining the services from the farm and rejoining solved the problem.

DBA

• Proposed as answer by Sandar Tuesday, July 23, 2013 5:27 PM
    Thursday, May 16, 2013 11:29 PM
  • This was it! I don't know how many hours I lost to this problem. I had a hosts entry for the app sever (itself) pointing to 127.0.0.1. I took the entry out and ran the wizard to join the farm (didn't even run the disjoin or anything) and it worked right away. The hosts entry pointing to itself is something the autospinstaller does and leaves in.
    Tuesday, July 23, 2013 5:29 PM