none
How to set the condition in ShrePoint Designer workflow 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I need a suggestion on how to resolve the condition issue in workflow. I have to check the condition if my productivity is greater than or equal to 102% and reason is equal to Replacement then only copy item to "Approved for Rec" list  else copy item to "Ac Committee".

I know if the productivity is greater than or equal to 100% i can set "1" but what if the ratio is specifically greater than or equal to 102%? I set 102 and ran the workflow matching conditions on the form but it never copy over to "Approved for Rec" list. Please help.

Thank you

priti patel

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 4:13 PM

Answers

• Hi,

What type of column is “Financials:3PP Prod”? You can use 1.02 to express “102%” as workflow doesn’t take percentage in the control.

I have run a simple test in my environment as following:

1. Create a Number column in a custom list named “Production” and select “Show as percentage (for example, 50%)”.

2. Create a SharePoint 2010 workflow on this list as the image below. When the value of Production is less than or equal to 1.02, set the other column value to 100.

Here’s the outcome.

Best regards,

Chelsea Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Thursday, November 21, 2019 6:35 AM

All replies

• Hi,

What type of column is “Financials:3PP Prod”? You can use 1.02 to express “102%” as workflow doesn’t take percentage in the control.

I have run a simple test in my environment as following:

1. Create a Number column in a custom list named “Production” and select “Show as percentage (for example, 50%)”.

2. Create a SharePoint 2010 workflow on this list as the image below. When the value of Production is less than or equal to 1.02, set the other column value to 100.

Here’s the outcome.

Best regards,

Chelsea Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Thursday, November 21, 2019 6:35 AM
  • Hello Chelsea, Thank you for your quick answer. My Financial is a custom list and under that list 3PP column is a number column and show as percentage.

This is the screenshot of my entire workflow. Condition A,B,D part works fine if i remove condition C but after adding Condition C the workflow skipping condition A to Condition D.

Can you please tell me what I am doing wrong here? Did I put conditions in a correct format?

Thank you again.

priti patel

• Edited by priti59 Friday, November 22, 2019 1:49 PM
    Friday, November 22, 2019 12:49 PM
  • Hi,

I don’t see any problem based on this screenshot. The workflow has to meet the Condition D for it to skip condition A to Condition D.

Is there error when you run the workflow? is the workflow able to complete successfully?

If you are having trouble identifying where it goes wrong, I suggest you add “log message to Workflow History” action under every condition to see how it goes.

You can also modify the actions under Condition C to see if it is wrong formatted. For example, If Financil:3PP = 1.02/1, copy Current item to List C/update Current item.

Best regards,

Chelsea Wu

• Marked as answer by priti59 Monday, November 25, 2019 7:28 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by priti59 Monday, November 25, 2019 7:28 PM
    Monday, November 25, 2019 3:00 AM
  • Hello Chelsea,

Thank you for your response. But i do not see any error in my workflow. And yes workflow complete successfully. I have added the log message after every condition.

Now looks like my last condition "ACU" is not working other than that everything is working fine. Also I tried to move up "ACU" condition before "CC" condition with 1.02 value and it worked completely fine but then I ran "CC" condition and it did not work. So it is like one or the other. Only one greater than or equal to condition work. How should I setup the workflow so that it run both the 1 (CC Condition) and 1.02 (ACU Condition condition work?

Which tell me maybe my condition formation is incorrect? Can you please tell me how should I set all these condition into workflow so that it all work?

Thank you,

priti patel

• Edited by priti59 Monday, November 25, 2019 7:53 PM
    Monday, November 25, 2019 3:23 PM
  • Hi, 

Apologize for the late reply. I see you have opened a new thread for the new issue. Please see the update in the new post:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/2e5df816-0345-4c8d-814d-7d1c6d081509/ifelse-conditions-are-not-working-for-two-greather-than-or-equal-to-value?forum=sharepointcustomizationprevious

Thanks for marking my reply as the answer to this thread. I’m glad to know the information is helpful to you.

Here I will provide a summary of this post for your information.

[How to set the condition in SharePoint Designer workflow 2010 - Summary]

Issue
    ====================
    Unable to set workflow condition for a numeric field which values 102%

Environment
    ====================
    SharePoint 2010

Solution
    ====================
    Use Decimal to represent a number showing as percentage larger than 1.

Here’s an example workflow. “Production” is a Number column and set to “Show as percentage (for example, 50%)”

Best regards,

Chelsea Wu

• Marked as answer by priti59 Monday, December 2, 2019 4:17 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by priti59 Monday, December 2, 2019 7:52 PM
    Wednesday, November 27, 2019 2:33 AM