none
Timesheet limit by department RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I'm in a process of implementing Project Server in a large company, with subsidiaries in different countries. The company uses Timesheet to collect time spent on tasks.

In the first company, we had to settup a limit in the hours by period: 35h by week, to avoid the overtime work management.

The problem is that in the second department, in another country, there are no timesheet limit: people want to timesheet even if they work 45h or 50h by week.

As far as I know, there is no possibility to have different limits (one limit by department): this setting is global in the server settings. But maybe am I wrong ?

Does somebody already faced this problem, and how did you manage it ? Thank you for your feedback !

Sylvain

Tuesday, November 18, 2014 9:24 AM

Answers

• Hi Sylvain,

As you correctly stated, the timesheet configuration is at the instance level and cannot be set in a more granular way (for example at department level).

As far as I see, either you can adress it by training for team member and approvers, or you could do some code triggering a validation on the timesheet submission based on the user's department or RBS. 

Finally, I haven't had a look yet but maybe some 3rd-party tools allows you controlling those settings.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Tuesday, November 18, 2014 12:14 PM