none
lync 2010 EventID 1400 The following UM IP gateways did not respond as expected to a SIP OPTIONS request RRS feed

• Question

• I have had my Lync 2010 system up and running for a couple months. Everything has been working well, so I decided it was time to add voicemail functionality. I followed the technet article to add UM to my Exchange 2010 Sp1 server and connected everything. At first, it worked. The next morning I found that any user with UM enabled could not call voicemail or make or receive calls. I always get this error: The following UM IP gateways did not respond as expected to a SIP OPTIONS request. Transport = TLS, Address = lyncfrontend.domain.com, Port = 5061, Response Code = 0, Message = This operation has timed out.
    There isn't much on Bing or Google about this error. Does anyone know what I've done wrong here?

Update: I ran the Lync logging tool on Sip Stack and S4. The call is ending with the error "failed to open audio stream".

Wednesday, December 14, 2011 8:50 PM

Answers

• Hey everyone, I paid for a support incedent and this is resolved. Here's the deal - for UM to work, the subject name of the SSL cert on your Exchange server must be the fqdn of the Exchange server itself. Now, I had the fqdn of my server in the Subject Alternative Names of my SSL cert. This will not work. The fqdn of the Exchange server must also be the Subject Name of the SSL cert. I think this is really stupid, but it is what it is.

Here is an example: servername.domain.com is the fqdn of the server. In this case, the Subject Name of the SSL cert must also be servername.domain.com.

• Marked as answer by Jakus Sunday, December 25, 2011 8:36 PM
    Sunday, December 25, 2011 8:36 PM

All replies

• Hey everyone, I paid for a support incedent and this is resolved. Here's the deal - for UM to work, the subject name of the SSL cert on your Exchange server must be the fqdn of the Exchange server itself. Now, I had the fqdn of my server in the Subject Alternative Names of my SSL cert. This will not work. The fqdn of the Exchange server must also be the Subject Name of the SSL cert. I think this is really stupid, but it is what it is.

Here is an example: servername.domain.com is the fqdn of the server. In this case, the Subject Name of the SSL cert must also be servername.domain.com.

• Marked as answer by Jakus Sunday, December 25, 2011 8:36 PM
    Sunday, December 25, 2011 8:36 PM
  • Jakus, is this the Internal or External FQDN? 
    Wednesday, January 11, 2012 4:41 PM
  • For me it was the internal fqdn. That's why it was so confusing for me. I had originally put the External fqdn of mail.domain.com as the subject name of the SSL certificate. During my support incident call, the guy told me it had to be the fqdn of the internal server name so servername.domain.com.

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 5:23 PM
  • Ok, that might be our issue also then.  We have the external as the subject.  Oddly, it was working for a few days. 
    Wednesday, January 11, 2012 7:19 PM
  • Hi every one

I have one lync server and exchange server in company network. all server worked currently as couple of years but last week the lync server gonna had problem and lync services are not working and no one cant to log on to server c because it hase problem with dc .one of my guys did bad things and disjoin the server and then join lync server to domain and then renew the server certificate, after these work lync serve is working and every thing is lync server gonna be okey but now exchange auto attendee is not working and not answer any calls. and I have many warning massages of event ID 1400 .and I do all thing you said but still is not working.do you have any idea? 

Tuesday, December 2, 2014 12:36 AM