none
sharepoint 2013 blog: read more button RRS feed

• Question

• hello everybody

i'm looking for a "read more" button or link on the sharepoint 2013 blog.

i don't want to limit the blog posts. i want to limit the displayed text. it should only show a few lines of the post.

can anybody help e please? :)

thank you

Monday, July 1, 2013 1:34 PM

All replies

• Hi vrueegg,

Thank you for your post.
    I'm trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue. There might be some time delay. Appreciate your patience.

Thanks ,
    Entan Ming

Entan Ming
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, July 2, 2013 11:02 AM
  • Thank you Entan and no problem about the time delay :)

Wednesday, July 10, 2013 9:10 AM
  • I am having trouble with the same issue.  Any help would be appreciated.
    Monday, July 15, 2013 5:14 PM
  • Hello,

You can achieve it by using ddwrt:Limit function. But this may require some coding to be done.

Refer : http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa505323.aspx#officesharepointddwrt_limit

This overview of the ddwrt namespace describes the ddwrt functions used in the Extensible Stylesheet Language Transformation (XSLT) code of the Data View Web Part. (

The article mentions:

Limit

public string Limit(string szInputText, int len, string szMoreText);

If the given string parameter szInputString is longer than len characters, this function returns the first len characters, with the string szMoreText appended. Otherwise the input string is returned unmodified.

Note   This function should not be used with HTML strings. The string is truncated without taking the HTML markup into account.

This can be used to develop a code to achieve the desired functionality. If help is needed in developing the code, I did suggest to open an advisory case created with SharePoint Development  support.

Regards, Dhiraj(DJ)-MSFT |Microsoft Online Community Support

Thursday, July 25, 2013 4:42 PM