none
Claim task button missing after upgrade from SPF2010

Question

• After upgrading from SPF2010 to SPF2013 the Claim and Release buttons are not visible for tasks assigned to a group?

I read a few other similar posts referring to possible permission changes which doesn't seem to apply in this case.

I created a new task list to see if it had the same issue, which it does. Was this feature removed from Foundation or should it still be available?

Stunpals - Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties.

Thursday, March 30, 2017 7:48 PM

All replies

• Hi Stunpals,

To be able to use the Claims button, please make sure that conditions below are met:

1. Use the 2010 task list which are migrated from SPF 2010 as the Task list for the workflow instead of using the task list created from 2013 task list template.
    2. Use SharePoint 2010 approval workflow instead of SharePoint 2013 approval workflow.
    3. Uncheck Expanded Groups if you are using the OOTB workflow template.

Best Regards,

Victoria

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Saturday, April 01, 2017 6:23 AM
  • Thanks for the response Victoria but ALL 3 points you suggested do not apply to me. As I stated this list was working prior to migrating to SPF2013. So the list I am using is a SPF2010 list. As for the workflow, there is no mention of a workflow, this is about the features of a task list?

Monday, April 03, 2017 5:48 PM
  • Hi Stunpals,

Could you please let me know how you created the tasks in SPF 2010?

As I know, the Claim task button will work for tasks created by SharePoint 2010 approval workflow.

Best Regards,

Victoria

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Saturday, April 08, 2017 11:29 AM

• The task is created manually by staff on the Task list. I did create a new content type "Task Pool" based on the parent Task. I added a few columns and made the Task Pool content type default for this list.

Users just click the "Add new item" to create it.

The forms (Disp, Edit, New) for the list are the default ones as well. This task list is also used to hold tasks created from SPD workflows as well which are working fine.

The Claim/Release was was working fine when on SPF 2010 but it appears after the upgrade to SPF2013 the claim/release task buttons are missing.

However I did test on another site's task list that was also a SPF2010 and the Claim Release button is presented. What is strange, as I mentioned above, if I create a brand new task list or even a new site then a new task list the Claim/Release is still missing.

Monday, April 10, 2017 5:40 PM
  • I did notice one thing that is different with the Task lists that are working vs the ones that are not is "Send e-mail when ownership is assigned?" is no on the ones not working. I'll test to see if changing this does make a difference but on SPF2010 it didn't make a difference.

Monday, April 10, 2017 5:44 PM
  • Enabling "Send e-mail when ownership is assigned?" doesn't appear to make a difference on the Claim button.

Monday, April 10, 2017 5:47 PM
  • Hi Stunpals,

I created a new content type based on the Approval Workflow Task (en-US) content type, however the item created based on the new content type will show error when viewing the task.

Could you please let us know how you create the custom content type?

Best Regards,

Victoria

Tuesday, April 11, 2017 2:48 AM
  • Victoria you appear to be going in the wrong direction, this has *nothing* to do with the approval workflow. You need to drop the workflow all together.

Create a content type, from parent item, then add a few site columns.

Thursday, April 20, 2017 5:15 PM
  • Hi Stunpals,

Could you please share come pictures of the task content type here for better understanding the issue?

Best Regards,

Victria

Friday, April 21, 2017 7:50 AM
  • First pic is the TaskPool which was created from the Task content type. I created a few Site Level columns (TSK_...) and add them to the existing Task columns.

But as I have been trying to say, even if I use the standard Task list which is based off the built-in task content type the claim/release button doesn't appear. So I think looking at the Content type is also the wrong path.

Friday, April 21, 2017 4:10 PM
  • Hi Stunpals,

In my test, when I created a task in SharePoint 2010, the claims button did not appear.

And based on my research, the claims task button only appear when the task is created by SharePoint 2010 approval workflow. You can create the approval workflow in SharePoint 2013 for a test.

In addition, the images cannot be viewed, could you please provide the screenshots again?

Best Regards,

Victoria

Saturday, April 22, 2017 1:42 AM