none
Page Layouts in Sharepoint RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a simple page layout in Sharepoint in which I am having some issues with formatting of the fields..

I have one field in the layout which should be displayed like the MailTo link so when a user edits the page and enters a email address in the field in the display mode it should display as a hyperlink with mailto functionality.

Second I have a number field which requires a format like xxx-xxx-xxxx

and third I have a field in which if no value is entered it should display NA.

Can someone please tell me how should I go with solving these issues.

Thanks

Wednesday, May 2, 2012 6:59 PM

Answers

• All three of those would require a custom field type to provide the formatting.  There is nothing available out of the box that will provide that functionality.

Paul Stork SharePoint Server
    MVP Senior Solutions Architect: BlueChip Consulting Group
    Blog: http://dontpapanic.com/blog
    Twitter: Follow @pstork
    Please remember to mark your question as "answered" if this solves your problem.

• Marked as answer by Sharepoint997 Thursday, May 3, 2012 3:16 PM
    Thursday, May 3, 2012 12:38 AM

All replies

• All three of those would require a custom field type to provide the formatting.  There is nothing available out of the box that will provide that functionality.

Paul Stork SharePoint Server
    MVP Senior Solutions Architect: BlueChip Consulting Group
    Blog: http://dontpapanic.com/blog
    Twitter: Follow @pstork
    Please remember to mark your question as "answered" if this solves your problem.

• Marked as answer by Sharepoint997 Thursday, May 3, 2012 3:16 PM
    Thursday, May 3, 2012 12:38 AM
  • That's what I was thinking and have started working on that..Just the mailto link I am not sure how to do..and also one very strange thing I found out was that if I drop a sharepoint contact field on the page then it automatically formats the other text one the page..so if I have the contact field on the page and other a regular text box and then if I add text like xx@gmail.com and then when I save the page the link automatically gets converted to a mailto link..similarly if I add a website address in the text box it automatically gets converted to a hyperlink...not sure how this is happening.

Thanks

Thursday, May 3, 2012 3:01 AM