none
What is the correct format for my ConnectionString?

Question

• Thanks in advance for any help.

I have a SharePoint 2010 claims-based web application; I extended it so that the extended site could have a Windows authentication provider.  However, when I try to visit the site there is an error in the ULS log that says the container does not exist.

These are the connectionstring and membership provider definitions:

<add name="SPADConnectionString" connectionString="LDAP://DCServerName.company.com/OU=USA,DC=MyRegion,DC=MyCompany,DC=com" /> (I have tried a variety of formats without success.)

<add name="SPADMembershipProvider" type="System.Web.Security.ActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider, System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" connectionStringName="SPADConnectionString" />

I have two questions.

1. Should the connection string specify the path to the OU containing the STS application pool identityservice account or the OU containing the accounts of the users that login to the site?  I presume it's the latter.
    2. In AD the user accounts are found in MyCompany.com/USA/MyRegion; the service and app pool identities are in MyCompany.com/ServiceAccounts.  What is the correct way to format each of these in a ConnectionString?

Thanks again!

David

Sunday, April 29, 2012 4:27 AM

Answers