none
Request Topics for Meeting Agenda RRS feed

• Question

• I want to setup something in SharePoint so people can go to it and request a specific amount of time/time for a topic but once a meeting time is selected, I want that meeting time to disappear for others who come to request a meeting.

I would need to set this up for 4 meetings that occur every week. 

I have seen this before but I am not sure how to do this.

Example: Monday meeting from 12PM - 1:30PM. I want to make this so people can request an amount of time, i.e. 20 minutes, and it would let them choose a 20 minute time slot in that window.

They would also need to fill in the topic, the presenters & the key attendees.

Even something that people could fill in themselves but others couldn't edit would be helpful.

I am using only the web version of SharePoint.

Thank you!

• Edited by ChelseaNaomi Thursday, September 19, 2019 3:36 PM
    Thursday, September 19, 2019 3:30 PM

All replies

• Hi ChelseaNaomi,

In order to help you better, I need to confirm some information with you.

If I understand correctly, your needs are like this:

1.You need to set a fixed weekly meeting time, and then the user can choose a period of time during the meeting, such as the 20 minutes you said.

2.If this period has been selected, then other users will not be able to see the option for that time.

You can create a repeating event in a calendar. This allows you to fix the time of the weekly meeting.

But according to my research, there is no OOB method that does not show the time period that has been selected.

Best regards

Itch Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

• Proposed as answer by Michael Han6 Monday, September 23, 2019 9:44 AM
    Friday, September 20, 2019 8:22 AM
  • Hi Itch Sun,

1.You need to set a fixed weekly meeting time, and then the user can choose a period of time during the meeting, such as the 20 minutes you said. YES

2.If this period has been selected, then other users will not be able to see the option for that time. YES

Is there a way to for them not able to select a time if it has already been selected? I just need a list or something similar where they can go to fill in the information but once that meeting has been full, they will not be able to request anymore.

Monday, October 21, 2019 4:07 PM