none
This field contains duplicate values. Remove all duplicate values and try the operation again. RRS feed

• Question

• Greetings Everyone,

I am getting the follow up errors: "This field contains duplicate values. Remove all duplicate values and try the operation again." when I tried to make the field "Claim Number" from the list in site collection library. See the screen below:

1- I selected on the "List" and I clicked on the list name "Claim Tracking Report"

2- After I clicked on the list name then I went to the ribbon and selected list setting to choose Enforce Unique for the Field Column "Claim Number"

3- Then I went down and selected "Yes" to Enforced the Unique for the Field Column "Claim Number".

4- Then after I clicked "Yes" I got the error "Sorry, something went wrong. This field contains duplicate values. Remove all duplicate values and try the operation again."  But I don't have any duplicates values Items, because I had them removed before I tried to Enforce the field column values to Unique. Can someone help or provide me a suggestions on how I can solve this issue please. Thank you

FYI: I am using a Nintex Workflow

Monday, February 2, 2015 5:33 PM

Answers

• Hope this is a list, how many total items are there?

Please try to open this list as access(link in IE) and run this query in access

SELECT Claim.[Claim Number], Count(*) AS Expr1
    FROM Claim
    GROUP BY Claim.[Claim Number]
    HAVING (((Count(*))>1));

Hope it will show something! if this does not show you dups then better to create a separate list and migrate items after configuring unique column.

Please 'propose as answer' if it helped you, also 'vote helpful' if you like this reply.

• Edited by Sudip Misra Tuesday, February 3, 2015 9:17 PM
    • Marked as answer by Mannyabdon87 Wednesday, February 11, 2015 6:45 PM
    Tuesday, February 3, 2015 8:32 PM

All replies

• mannya,

Dup check must be on whole list not in same page/view. may be you are missing some due to view filter/pagination.

Do followings.

1. Make sure all item are at least major version and checked in.
    2. Create a fresh view without any filter and display all claims.
    3. Export to excel which will dump all claims#
    4. Try to to run excel ->Data -> Remove duplicate
    5. See is there any duplicate removed or not

Please 'propose as answer' if it helped you, also 'vote helpful' if you like this reply.

Monday, February 2, 2015 9:11 PM
  • I did that a few times, but it stills saying the same error.
    Tuesday, February 3, 2015 7:38 PM
  • Hope this is a list, how many total items are there?

Please try to open this list as access(link in IE) and run this query in access

SELECT Claim.[Claim Number], Count(*) AS Expr1
    FROM Claim
    GROUP BY Claim.[Claim Number]
    HAVING (((Count(*))>1));

Hope it will show something! if this does not show you dups then better to create a separate list and migrate items after configuring unique column.

• Edited by Sudip Misra Tuesday, February 3, 2015 9:17 PM
    • Marked as answer by Mannyabdon87 Wednesday, February 11, 2015 6:45 PM
    Tuesday, February 3, 2015 8:32 PM
  • Alright, I will go ahead and try it out. I have about 1224 Items listed there.
    Tuesday, February 3, 2015 8:51 PM
  • Also, just to be confirm. This query should be run through SQL, right?
    Tuesday, February 3, 2015 9:20 PM
  • Issue has been resolved per the solution you provided, thank you.
    Wednesday, February 11, 2015 6:46 PM