none
Show description of a wbs field when exporting a report RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all!

I have coded all the tasks of my project using a edt field. When I try to export it to a dynamic table in a report, i only can see the numbers, in example (1.1 , 1.2, 3.1...). I also would like to see the description .

Desirable result in the excel report showing WBS + DESCRIPTION sould be like this (1.1 DESCRIPTION1, 1.2 DESCRIPTION 2, 1.3 DESCRIPTION3)

Attached you can find an image showing the way I introduce the data (WBS has been previously defined).

Link to image

Any idea about how to solve this problem? 

Thank you all!

Sunday, October 27, 2019 9:38 PM

All replies

• BLACKWOLF88,

First of all, what version of Project are you using?

Second, what is an "edt" field?

Third, how exactly are you exporting to Excel?

Fourth, I don't quite understand your image. It looks like it's showing an Explorer type format rather than what you might typically see in an Excel Workbook/report.

So in essence, we (I) need a little better and more complete description of your issue before we (I) can offer much help.

John

Sunday, October 27, 2019 10:54 PM
  • Hi @John-Project. Maybe I was not enougt clear explaining my problem:

Ms Project Version is 2016 Standart.

EDT field is a WBS Field.

I'm exporting to excel using next option:

Link to image

The image is showing a "Outline code" field, whose codes have been previously loaded by me. That is what I see when I click on an outline code field in project. In essence the problem is show in the exported excel file the value "description" of the outline code field.

Thank you in advance

Sunday, November 3, 2019 9:01 PM
  • BLACKWOLF88,

Sorry but the description part of the outline code is not included in the OLAP cube, only the outline number itself.

However, you can use a custom field, such as Text1, and then include that field in the template for the report. Or you could use VBA to export whatever Project data you want to Excel. With VBA you CAN export the description part of the outline code along with the code itself.

Hope this helps.

John

Tuesday, November 5, 2019 4:57 PM