none
Trying to Create Userform that Utilizes Building Blocks for Starters

Question

• I don't know how to code. I have checked out a <g class="gr_ gr_126 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Grammar only-ins replaceWithoutSep" data-gr-id="126" id="126">couple</g> books but I don't have a computer at home and I do not have uninterrupted time at work to try and understand everything there is (or even part of everything).  My goal is to have a <g class="gr_ gr_309 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" data-gr-id="309" id="309">userform</g> that opens when our transmittal ltr template is selected. The first bit of info I need is the person's office location and I have created QuickParts for each different office. My thought was that I could have radio buttons with the abbreviation of the office (BOTL, BHAM, TACO, PDX, etc.) and the person would just need to click on their abbreviated office location to insert the address and phone number for that office. I don't know if I then need to have another form that would initialize once the selection was made and inserted. But the next thing I need (I have created the fields for this part and placed bookmarks in my document) is for the user to input information into the fields, for example: Entity, Address, City, ST, Zip, Date (which I would like to auto fill), an attention line, and a few more fields. I then have a section where the user would need to select if items are attached or sent under separate cover via<g class="gr_ gr_2411 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Punctuation multiReplace" data-gr-id="2411" id="2411">:,</g> next I have option fields like Shop Drawings, Prints, Plans, Samples, Specifications, etc. I have a couple more sections that I could figure out if I learn all of the above items.  Then there's the whole load and unload and clearing text fields that is just beyond me ATM.  I really want to learn this because it's freaking awesome stuff but I cannot spend my time at work "learning". I would get a computer for at home if I could find a more friendly way to learn VBA.  I would sure appreciate anything that can get me started on this because I have been trying to get this created for over a month now.

What I have are the following:  FrmTrans is the name of my <g class="gr_ gr_4787 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" data-gr-id="4787" id="4787">Userform</g>. txtTOCO is text field for the Company (Entity) Name, txtADDClient for Client address, txtClientCity, cmbClientST is a combo box for the State abbreviations, txtClientZip, and txtSentVia. I have one checkbox named <g class="gr_ gr_4999 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" data-gr-id="4999" id="4999">ChkSD</g> for Shop Drawings and I have a command button to be used to input all the information into the document and then hide and allow the user to fill-in any comments, sign the form, or update field codes in the footer for filename/path.

I am not asking someone to write this all for me. I am asking for someone to help me get it started by suggesting what objects/methods/properties/events....whatever all those confusing little procedures are! If I know WHERE to look, it may help me because I have been directed to all kinds of places that have just made me more confused. It doesn't help that most of the good info is for Excel!

So, if you can find it in your heart to help out a girl that wants to be more knowledgable in VBA then I am right here!

Thanks, GEE

Monday, April 8, 2019 11:09 PM