none
WorkFlow 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have created a basic work in sharepoint designer2010 and deployed to the list the purpose of the  workflow will send an email to assigned to person when an item is added to the discussion board.

It seems the WF doesn't run when an item is added or reply is added to theexisting discussion but when edit the existing discussion the email is trigrring,I don't understand why its sending email alerts when an item is edited rather an item created or a reply added to the existing discussion.

Any Idea about this....

Thanks

Friday, August 25, 2017 9:31 AM

All replies

• Please verify the 2nd option

Under Select workflow start options for items in this list, do one or more of the following:

• Select the Allow this workflow to be started manually from an item check box.
      This option adds a Workflows command to a list item so that users can click the command to start the workflow for that item.

• Select the Automatically start this workflow when a new item is created check box.

• Select the Automatically start this workflow whenever an item is changed check box.

• Proposed as answer by lmossolle Monday, November 25, 2019 6:07 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by lmossolle Monday, November 25, 2019 6:08 PM
    Friday, August 25, 2017 12:12 PM
  • Try to edit the workflow to start when item is modified

Lee Mossolle

Friday, August 25, 2017 4:18 PM
  • Hi,

Open the workflow,  select the workflow start option like below:

It will trigger workflow when item added.

Thanks

Best Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, August 28, 2017 8:43 AM
  • Hi thanks for the reply,

initially I have selected all the 3 options,should I only select the middle one?

I have selected bottom 2 options still my wf trigiring only when the item is edited but not sending email when an item id added.

• Edited by sskris Monday, August 28, 2017 3:42 PM
    Monday, August 28, 2017 3:39 PM
  • Hi sskis,

Make sure the workflow has been republished to the associated list to make workflow change work.

Thanks

Best Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, August 29, 2017 1:03 AM
  • Hi,

The workflow sends an email when a new item is created on the discussion board but my logic behid the workflow is to send an email when an item is added to the discussion board and also any active directory user replied to the discussion item.

At present I am only getting email alerts  when an item is added to the discussion board but I am not getting any alerts when the user replied/comment to the discussion item.

Tuesday, August 29, 2017 8:43 AM