none
Sharepoint Custom List - Dynamic Dropdown fields based on data selection in other field

Question

• Hi,

I am trying to create a custom list for users to do data entry and add specific information they are working on.

The custom list has one field called "Frequency" which is a drop down field and has 3 values.
    Weekly
    Monthly
    Yearly

Then there is another field I am trying to create called "When?" that should be a drop down field and should show various values based on the selection in "Frequency" field.

If use selects Weekly in "Frequency" field, "When?" drop down should show them, "Monday", "Tuesday",.... value.

If use selects Monthly in "Frequency" field, "When?" drop down should show them, "1", "2", "3","4","5".... value.

If use selects Yearly in "Frequency" field, "When?" drop down should show them, "January", "February",.... value.

I am running the Sharepoint 2.0 version on Windows 2003 OS.

Could you please advice if the above can be accomplished in the custom list of the sharepoint version 2.0.

If not, is the above feature supported and available in the future version like MOSS 3.0.

Thank you in advance for your help.
    Thursday, July 09, 2009 12:50 PM

Answers

All replies