none
Mailmerge function stops after Documents.add RRS feed

• Question

• I work with Office2016 Home and Business and Windows 10 (Dutch version).

I use several macro instructions to merge databases with templates. In these functions a document is opened with Documents.add. Sometimes based on a template sometimes for opening a new document. For many years there were no problems.

After the last (automatic) update non of these functions go beyond the line Documents.add. The macro stops right there without any message. It ends at the opened document.

The command lines after Documents.add vary per macro, and don't play a part in the problem.

I discovered that when I record a macro, there aren't any command lines after the command to add a new document or template. In the recorded macro are all the command lines up till Documents.add. Then it's End Sub.

Removing the update and/or replacing the previous backup solves the problem.

The macro will continue after the command Documents.add.

A former colleague gave me the following advice:

The update can be undone by:

• In Word shutting off updates .
    • Place in a DOS-box (cmd) the following line:
      • C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\ClickToRun>OfficeC2RClient.exe /update user updatetoversion=16.0.10228.20080

I don't approve cancelling updates, but for now I did until there is a solution.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Jeanetta

Tuesday, August 14, 2018 3:45 PM

Answers

• There have been numerous reports of this behavior subsequent to an update. The only thing you can do if you're affected is roll-back and wait until a later update corrects the problem.

Cindy Meister, Office Developer/Word MVP, <a href="http://blogs.msmvps.com/wordmeister"> my blog</a>

• Proposed as answer by Simon Wu-MSFT Tuesday, September 4, 2018 9:29 AM
    • Marked as answer by Jeanetta Kuijper Tuesday, September 11, 2018 8:03 AM
    Sunday, August 19, 2018 11:16 AM

All replies

• Hi Jeanetta,

As you said, "Removing the update and/or replacing the previous backup solves the problem." It seems that the issue occurred after updating your Office. Also, if possible, could you please provider your code for me? 

Best Regards,

Simon

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

Wednesday, August 15, 2018 2:59 AM
  • There have been numerous reports of this behavior subsequent to an update. The only thing you can do if you're affected is roll-back and wait until a later update corrects the problem.

Cindy Meister, Office Developer/Word MVP, <a href="http://blogs.msmvps.com/wordmeister"> my blog</a>

• Proposed as answer by Simon Wu-MSFT Tuesday, September 4, 2018 9:29 AM
    • Marked as answer by Jeanetta Kuijper Tuesday, September 11, 2018 8:03 AM
    Sunday, August 19, 2018 11:16 AM
  • Hi Jeanetta,

This thread has been around for a long time. Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. Please help us close the thread.

Thank you for understanding. If you have any question, or update, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Simon

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

Wednesday, September 5, 2018 7:45 AM