What is Authorization Url Oauth2 where create Sharepoint site on local computer? RRS feed

• Question

• The client want to create local Sharepoint on local computer, would have nothing to do with windows.net.

I check around google, but still not found Based Url Oauth2 support authentication for Local Sharepoint?

Please have me if you meet this problem.

Thanks,

David

Friday, July 3, 2020 4:22 AM

All replies

• Hi David,

From your description, I understand now your environment is SharePoint On-Premise Server instead of SharePoint Online.

And you may want to get SharePoint Access Token for authentication in Rest API call.

If I underestand correctly, in SharePoint On-Premise Environment, the access token is called Form Digest Value and can be got with this url by doing a POST Request:

http://DomainName/sites/sitename/_api/contextinfo

After getting this Form Digest Value, using this value in request header to get list data or create site in this case:

Reference:

SharePoint – How to Authenticate SharePoint REST APIs with REST Client

Create Sub Site in SharePoint using REST API

Thanks

Best Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Monday, July 6, 2020 8:39 AM
  • Hi David,

Would you please share some update on this question ? Did you solve it ?

If my reply is helpful to this question, you could Mark as answer so that it could also help others in the forum who have the similiar question.

Thanks

Best Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Friday, July 10, 2020 7:10 AM