none
Outlook2003 link clicks events handling RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!
    I developing add-in for Outlook2003 that should handle events when user click on hyperlinks in mail. After click event handled add-in should make some action instead of opening link in default user's browser. When mail opened in new window (Inspector), all is good, I get HTMLDocument object from Inspector.HTMLEditor and then add HTMLEditDesigner for events handling. But when mail just selected in main outlook window (Explorer) it displayed in this window and no one Inspector I can find in this case. Application.ActiveInspector returns null and I don't see any way how can I get Inspector for selected mail or other ways for events handling.
    Can anyone help me?
    Thanks.
    Friday, March 20, 2009 5:52 AM

Answers

• Hi ,

Outlook Object Model doesn't provide any interface for Reading Pane, therefore , your requirement could not achieved. I suggest you to put your question in Outlook newsgroup which you could find the entry link in this post: Sticky: PLEASE READ FIRST - What is VSTO and non-VSTO resources.

I'm not sure what is your exact scenario,however, I've got a idea ,just for your reference, we could repleace the hyperlink to another target, for example, there's a link in the mail like <a href=http://www.google.com>google</a>, we could manully replace it as <a href='mailto:xxx@xx.com'>google</a>, by this we could force it open a Outlook Inspector.

Thanks

We have published a VSTO FAQ recently, you can view them from the entry thread VSTO FAQ.
    If you have any feedbacks or suggestions on this FAQ, please feel free to write us emails to colbertz@microsoft.com.
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by Tim Li Friday, March 27, 2009 9:11 AM
    Wednesday, March 25, 2009 10:42 AM