none
Where to download MS JET 4.0 SP3 and SP5?

Question

• To support old applications using DAO, I need to download MS Jet 4.0 SP3 and SP5. Where can I download them? I cannot find them on Microsoft site.

Thanks

Friday, August 02, 2013 4:30 PM

Answers

All replies

• To support old applications using DAO, I need to download MS Jet 4.0 SP3 and SP5. Where can I download them? I cannot find them on Microsoft site.

Do you really need earlier versions of Jet 4.0 than the one that is part of Vista and later Windows versions?  Are you starting from an earlier SP-level of Jet and need to upgrade it, or do you need an earlier version than you have for a specific purpose?

Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP
    Access tips: www.datagnostics.com/tips.html

Friday, August 02, 2013 4:53 PM
  • My app is using MFC DAO based on Jet 4.0 . But when it running under Windows 7, it just said DAO is not installed. Only after I install Microsoft Access 2010, then error disappear, so I believe I need to install Jet 4.0 manually.
    Saturday, August 03, 2013 1:19 AM
  • Hi Chcw, 

Jet 4.0 SP3 and SP5 are not latest version of JET 4.0, I will recommend you to obtain the latest service pack for the Microsoft Jet 4.0 Database Engine. 

Since installing Access 2010 will work on this issue, you can also try to install Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 Redistributable  to see whether it could resolve your problem.

Jeffrey Chen
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Saturday, August 03, 2013 6:20 AM
  • My app is using MFC DAO based on Jet 4.0 . But when it running under Windows 7, it just said DAO is not installed. Only after I install Microsoft Access 2010, then error disappear, so I believe I need to install Jet 4.0 manually.

Please see Jeffrey Chen's reply.  He said exactly what I would have said.

Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP
    Access tips: www.datagnostics.com/tips.html

Sunday, August 04, 2013 12:30 AM