none
SPD - Limits to using secondary workflows? RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to create a relatively simple change request workflow using SPD.  I am running into problems trying to cope with the requirement for allowing a change to pass through QA multiple times.

I have a change request list with a workflow that creates an item in a QA change initiator list.  This list has a secondary workflow that collects the build number from the change owner and then creates a QA change request in a third list.  This list then contains another secondary (tertiary?) workflow for the entire QA process (review, deploy, test).  If the release gets rejected or fails then the QA change request creates another item in the QA change initiator list and completes.  This is how I am trying to create a loop of QA requests until a release passes testing and working around the loop protections in SPD workflow validation.  The entire process works if QA passes first time, but if the QA request fails and creates a an item in QA Change initiator list the secondary workflow on this list fails to initiate.  All workflows are set to initiate when a new item is created.  The item shows to have been created by me, not the system account, so that doesn't appear to be the issue.  Are there some other limitations to spawning secondary workflows that I am running into?

Clear as mud?

Thanks,

Simon

Monday, April 7, 2008 12:33 AM