none
Cannot see the Previous Versions using SharePoint Designer 2013 - Versions cannot be accessed at this time. RRS feed

• Question

• I was trying to view the Version History of a page from the SharePoint Designer 2013, I got the following error. "Versions cannot be accessed at this time, because the server is busy. Please try again later.

Whereas I can able to access the version history through browser, the issue only occurs in SharePoint Designer.

Thanks

Ramkumar

Wednesday, April 15, 2015 11:03 PM

Answers

• Hi Ramkumar,

I understand that when you use SharePoint designer 2013 to check previous version of a page, it will pop up the error window. This is a known issue and here are two feasible workaround:

1.Use SharePoint designer 2010 to connect SharePoint 2013 site.

2.In SharePoint Designer 2013, use the Versions pane in the Page Summary view to access detailed version information of a file. You can access the Page Summary view by:
    a.  (Left) Clicking on a filename in the Site Pages list.
    b. Select a file Site Pages list by clicking anywhere in the row (except the filename) and then clicking on “Page Settings” in the Site Pages.
    c. Restore the required version.

Thanks for the understanding and support.

Regards,

Rebecca Tu
    TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 21, 2015 12:58 PM

All replies

• Did you try to clear the cache?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2794961

Cheers,

• Proposed as answer by Birley Monday, June 8, 2015 11:40 AM
    Thursday, April 16, 2015 5:03 AM
  • Hi Ramkumar,

Could you please try using SharePoint site UI view the previous version of the page?

If the issue still persists, please check ULS log and locate more error information.

http://sharepoint.stackexchange.com/questions/97301/versions-cannot-be-accessed-at-this-time-because-server-is-busy-please-try-agai

Regards,

Rebecca Tu
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, April 17, 2015 7:35 AM
  • Hi Prasath,

I cleared all the cache files. But still the same error

Ramkumar

Tuesday, April 21, 2015 1:31 AM
  • Hi Rebecca,

As said, I can able to see the previous versions in the browser without any issue. The issue occurs only on SharePoint Designer

Ramkumar

Tuesday, April 21, 2015 1:32 AM
  • Hi Ramkumar,

I understand that when you use SharePoint designer 2013 to check previous version of a page, it will pop up the error window. This is a known issue and here are two feasible workaround:

1.Use SharePoint designer 2010 to connect SharePoint 2013 site.

2.In SharePoint Designer 2013, use the Versions pane in the Page Summary view to access detailed version information of a file. You can access the Page Summary view by:
    a.  (Left) Clicking on a filename in the Site Pages list.
    b. Select a file Site Pages list by clicking anywhere in the row (except the filename) and then clicking on “Page Settings” in the Site Pages.
    c. Restore the required version.

Thanks for the understanding and support.

Regards,

Rebecca Tu

Tuesday, April 21, 2015 12:58 PM
  • And for Workflow-Files ? E.g. *.xoml.

Get the same error.

Wednesday, November 4, 2015 10:44 AM