none
Issue to open an Office document from a SharePoint library RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone,

I am Thomas. I am facing a problem with the microsoft office files stored in a SharePoint library.

From IE when I try to open an office file, this one is displayed in "Read only mode". Then I click on the button "Edit the document" to edit my document and then an error message is displayed "A problem occured during the server connexion. If it persists please contact your support".

If I try to download directly the microsoft office file on my desktop then I am able to open it in edit mode. But I have to upload it again in the library (not comfortable for users who prefer to save directly the document in the SharePoint library).

Do you have any idea about the root cause of my problem ? I tried to find a solution on Internet but there is not a lot of information regarding this problem.

Note that I am working on : SharePoint 2013 Foundation / OS Windows 7 + Microsoft Office 2013

I tried to :

• Reset IE cache : issue persists
    • Reset Office cache : issue persists
    • Add the SharePoint site as a trusted site : issue persists
    • Add the domain in compatibility mode : issue persists

Could you please help me ? Thank you in advance for your answers.

Regards.

Thomas

Thursday, September 5, 2019 4:44 PM

All replies

• Did you configure OWA /OOS to you SharePoint farm ? Are you able to open other documents in other library fine ? are you able edit them in online ? if the problem is only with one library what is the error you are getting when open the file ?

Thanks & Regards,

sharath aluri

Thursday, September 5, 2019 5:17 PM