none
Status Report on Sharepoint 2013

Question

• I am trying to build a simple weekly project status report on Sharepoint 2013. A report that can be shared, commented and possibly build a status report. 

When I googled I found something called Report library APP. Is it a good solution?

Please share any other ideas?

Thank you

Rama

@R

Friday, April 21, 2017 5:13 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Rama- I personally don't like any of the built-in apps because of their limitations. You should be able to create what you want easily with standard libraries & lists. If you provide details on exactly what you want to do, we can help you achieve it.

cameron rautmann

Friday, April 21, 2017 5:19 PM
  • This is a weekly status report submitted by managers to Director. It should include project names , description, deadlines , Notes. Not complex at all. 

I should be able to go back to previous week report

I should be able to pull information about all the projects falling under certain timeline. Meaning if our director wants to know what projects are coming due in a month then I should be able to know that. 

So I don't have proper requirements and I am building this based on a conversation ,,story of my life. 

it could on SharePoint online or on our on prim portal. 

Appreciate your inputs. 

@R

• Edited by youlearn Friday, April 21, 2017 9:21 PM
    Friday, April 21, 2017 8:57 PM
  • OK, that doesn't seem difficult at all. My recommendation would be a list where managers fill in their reports. You could then filter that list however you want to find certain information instantly. If you need a dashboard, you could use charts and status indicators.

cameron rautmann

Monday, April 24, 2017 12:18 PM
  • Yes, I had that in mind. 

I can work with a list. Can you please point me in the right direction about dashboard. I just a need a starting point or examples.  If I have a list then I can build a dashboard around it ?. 

@R

Wednesday, April 26, 2017 7:47 PM
    • Marked as answer by youlearn Monday, May 01, 2017 2:34 PM
    Wednesday, April 26, 2017 7:49 PM