none
Download a previous release for MSVS 2019 RRS feed

• Question

• 16.4 seems to have broken my build environment, so I wanted to install 16.3.9 again, but I can't for the life of me find out how to download an older version.

Does anyone know how?

Thanks,

Jason

Saturday, December 7, 2019 5:53 PM

All replies

• If you go to my.visualstudio.com you should have option to download vs 2019 (16.0) and (16.4).  What is broken in your build environment?

Saturday, December 7, 2019 6:23 PM
  • Hey Ken,

Thanks for the help. Unfortunately they don't seem to offer any version other than the most recent for the Community build.

It appears to have broken my Intel compiler. Was working fine before the update. Now, it isn't. Weird indeed.

Saturday, December 7, 2019 8:07 PM
  • Sorry when I search for VS 2019 I do see VS 2019 (16.0) but it is for professional and enterprise

Saturday, December 7, 2019 11:45 PM
  • Unfortunately, according to this suggestion, they only provide previous versions for the paid SKUs of Visual Studio.

Do you have the VS setup executable for the previous version of Visual Studio? If you have that then you could make an offline installer to install that version otherwise you are stuck.

Also, have you reported your problems as a bug to Microsoft? They have to know about it to fix it after all.

This is a signature. Any samples given are not meant to have error checking or show best practices. They are meant to just illustrate a point. I may also give inefficient code or introduce some problems to discourage copy/paste coding. This is because the major point of my posts is to aid in the learning process.

• Edited by Darran Rowe Sunday, December 8, 2019 1:51 PM
    Sunday, December 8, 2019 1:48 PM
  • Unfortunately I don't. Not a big deal, installed 2017 and everything works as it should. Quite annoying that they don't have previous releases available for this not uncommon occurrence.

I didn't want to report a problem until I was able to retry it on an older version to be sure that was 100% the problem. And it is!

Thanks for the help guys.

Sunday, December 8, 2019 8:56 PM
  • Hi Jason,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

Thanks for replies of Ken and Darran Rowe.

According to your description, you are suffering a trouble by using Visual Studio 2019 Community (version 16.4), so you want to roll back the previous version(16.3.9). But I’m sorry this is not supported. You could install an earlier release of VS2019 but not Community. For your requirement, it has been reported to the product team. You could check it and add your comments in here to track the process.

In addition, I suggest you could try to use the VS2017 to fix the issue. You could download and install the VS2017 , but before you install Visual Studio 2017, please make sure that you have finished the steps below firstly:

#1. Turn off your anti-virus  software during installation.

#2. Try to update your windows to latest version

#3. Complete or dismiss Windows Update before installation, and don’t forget to turn it on later.

#4. Clean your %temp% folder, then, run the setup with Administrator privilege.

Sorry for any inconvenience and thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Anna

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, December 9, 2019 6:57 AM
  • Hi Jason,

Sorry for this inconvenience.

For your requirement, like Anna and Darran said above, Microsoft doesn’t provide us with earlier version of Visual Studio Community 2019.

We strongly recommend you could report this issue to the VS product team from Help -> Send Feedback -> Report a Problem… or from Visual Studio Installer -> At the top right click “provide feedback”.

>> It appears to have broken my Intel compiler.

## Really sorry to hear that and if you could confirm this issue then please also report this issue to VS product team.

We thank you for helping us make Visual Studio better and sorry again for any inconvenience.

Sincerely,

Tianyu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, December 10, 2019 8:15 AM
  • Hi Jason

Sorry to disturb you.

Are our suggestions useful for you to solve your issue?

If my reply doesn’t work, please feel free to contact us, we can help you research it again.

We are looking forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,

Anna

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Friday, December 13, 2019 10:17 AM