.Net App Get's Stuck RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

We developed a .NET Windows App in C# and configured it as a logon script. It's using .NET 4.6. We noticed that the exe gets stuck at various points in our code, each time, each logon, within each computer, at a different point. We have configure debug write to logs, but the log just also stops at different points each time.

When I run the same exact exe manually or upon a subsequent logon, it runs smoothly. Do you have any suggestions on how to debug/troubleshoot this issue?

Wednesday, August 19, 2020 5:39 AM

All replies

• Hi Reuvy,

Thank you for posting here.

If you want to debug exe, you can refer to following references.

1. How to debug and profile any EXE with Visual Studio
    2. Debugging an executable in visual studio

Basically, you need the 'Debug' function in Visual Studio.

Best Regards,

Xingyu Zhao

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 20, 2020 1:39 AM
  • Hi Xingyu ,

Thanks for your reply. The issue here is that this exe is running as a logon script. So the process is already in the middle (somewhere) of the code, and gets stuck. I can kill the process, then logoff, and logon again immediately and everything works ok. I am trying to figure out where and why it's getting stuck in the middle of the runtime.

Any ideas?

Thursday, August 20, 2020 6:20 AM
  • Hi Reuvy,

Thanks for your feedback.

In order to get more help about this problem, you can post your question in Developer Community.

Best Regards,

Xingyu Zhao

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, August 21, 2020 1:32 AM