none
SearchService.svc - Could not load file or assembly Microsoft.ServiceModel.Channels RRS feed

• Question

• I am getting:

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.ServiceModel.Channels, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

When I try to browse any searchservice application manually: http://<Server>:32843/84404708a6a14338b315415382ec152b/SearchService.svc

I am getting the same error in ULS for all the search operations, Crawling is working fine on the server.

Server is a dev box with SQL and Sharepoint on the same box but not standalone. I do not have the above DLL on my other servers too but i am not getting errors on those servers. As per my understanding this is a WCF DLL.

Has anybody faced this issue?

Rahul Gupta, MCITP, MCPD - SharePoint 2010

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 9:19 PM

Answers

All replies

• Did you install anything else but SharePoint and SQL Server? Anything like biztalk or the WCF LOB SDK? I see people having these problems on some other products.

Please mark my response as an answer if appropriate.
    Learn.SharePoint.com

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 10:36 PM
  • We have not installed or un-installed any component from the server.

Friday, April 20, 2012 3:34 PM
  • Hi,

Please try to remove the the Microsoft.ServiceModel.Channels from the Search service web config file to see if we can successfully browse to servcie:C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Servers\14.0\WebServices\SearchService\web.config (please backup the web config file before modifying):

Let me know the result if possible.

Xue-mei Chang

TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 8:15 AM
  • Thanks Xue, I checked the configs before coming to the forums, one of the devs installed WCF LOB SDK but did not un-installed correctly. Re-installing it has fixed the issue for now, but we will un-install the SDK as it is not needed.

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 1:31 PM