none
Event manager error: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation on Item Update Event Receiver RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All, 

I have a Document Library in my SharePoint Site and I have written an EventReciever to trigger an email on ItemUpdated. When I change the property of any item in document library it works fine.

When I directly go and upload a file with the existning name it updates the file and hence triggers the email as expected, working Fine. 

I have a BizTalk interface which uploads the file to this document Library, so when I pass a file(which already exists in doc library) through BizTalk, It updates the item in Document library but does not trigger the email or say event reciever is not fired.

In Event Viewer it logs an error:

Event manager error: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

Event ID: 6644 Source:  Windows SharePoint Services 

Any help will be really appreciated. Stuck on this issue since morning :(.

Regards, vikingsss

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 3:28 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Can you check the SharePoint logs and give us what it says?

Best regards, Christopher.
    Blog | Mail
    Please remember to click "Mark As Answer" if a post solves your problem or "Vote As Helpful" if it was useful.
    Why mark as answer?

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 1:37 PM
    Answerer
  • Even the SharePoint Log has below one liner :-(

Event manager error: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 4:36 AM
  • Got this thread stating Adding or updating item through Object model does not trigger the event.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/eu/sharepointdevelopment/thread/ffb5cdf2-179e-4129-b5b2-dfda6bb367ea

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 6:23 AM